"Morning!" I said smiling. I looked at what he had on which was dark wash jeans, grey high tops, and a red shirt.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yep," I said. I shoved my phone into my pocket and stepped out of my door. Nathan linked arms with me as I closed the door to my flat behind me.

We went to Starbucks and got tea and some muffins. We had a fun time at breakfast. It was nice to finally talk to him after four days of not really talking to each other.

When we were done eating, we began walking back to our flats. Nathan seemed a little jittery and nervous. He kept looking around a lot like someone was following us. He had his arm hooked with mine and he was walking at a pretty fast pace.

Suddenly, he pulled my into an alley and we sat there crouching on the ground.

"What's going on?" I asked alarmed. He just ignored me and kept craning his head around as if he were looking for something. "Nathan," I snapped as he looked at me. I saw a fear in his eyes that I never remember seeing before. "What's going on?" I asked again getting frustrated. He, again, said nothing and just looked at the ground. "Nath...!" I began to snap once more.

Before I could finish, he clasped his hand over my mouth and said, "Shhh!" Suddenly, I could see a shadow on the visible alley wall opposite to where we were crouched. Nathan had pulled me behind an enormous, foul smelling dumpster. I'm going to need a shower after this I thought to myself.

When the shadow disappeared, Nathan removed his hand from my mouth. "Whats going on Nathan?" I asked again more calmly.

"We need to get out of here," he said grabbing my hand pulling me up. Then we rushed out of the alley and up the street.

When we got back to my flat, I quickly unlocked the door and went in. Nathan followed behind me.

"What's going on Nathan?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said putting his hands on my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. "Just stay here ok. Don't leave your flat whatever you do. Promise me you'll stay here!" he said with urgency.

"I will," I said. He pulled me into his chest and hugged me like it was the last hug he'd ever get. I held on tightly to him. I was scared and didn't want him to leave me alone. I knew something was up, despite what he told me. "Please don't leave," I said in a small voice.

"I have to," he said as he pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'll be back, ok," he said kissing my forehead and then releasing me from our hug. I nodded. He gave me a pained smile, then left.

I wanted to help Nathan, to go with him. But he told me I should stay here. I locked my door and went to go shower to get the smell of trash off of me.

Later that night, I was sitting on my couch thinking. Nathan wasn't back yet and I was worried if he'd come back at all. He had promised we'd celebrate my birthday tonight. I understood if he had something he was doing from what ever happened this morning in the alley, but at least he could call and tell me if he was okay and if things were alright now.

I looked at the clock, 9 o'clock. I decided I wasn't going to waste my birthday sitting in fear of something I wasn't sure was a problem. I decided I was going to go out and enjoy myself.

I went to my room and started getting ready. I looked through my closet and found the perfect thing to wear. A black knee length dress with one long sleeve on the left side and no sleeve on the right. It wasn't too tight but it had a nice fit. I found some black heels to go with it. I did a bit of makeup and brushed out my hair so it looked a bit straighter. I grabbed my bag and left.

I went to the club down the street. It was a pretty popular club so it was a bit crowded. I went up to the bar and got a drink. I looked around the place as I sipped my drink.

It started to get super crowded after a half an hour of me being there so I paid and left. Then I walked back to my flat. That was enough party for me for one night.

I got changed out of my dress and just put on a black top and some denim shorts.

I went to my kitchen and grabbed the cupcakes from the counter. I set Nathan's out like he was here. I wished he was, I wanted to celebrate this with him. I sighed and lit my candle.

Before I made my wish, I heard a noise come from my living room. I walked over and looked around. Just my imagination I guess.

But what if it was Nathan? I looked again. "Nath?" I asked. I went and locked my door. I was probably just hearing things hoping that Nathan was still coming.

I went back to my kitchen. I made my wish. Just as I took in my breath to blow out my candle a hand with a rag grabbed ahold of my mouth. I coughed and breathed in what was on the rag. Soon my world went black.

A/N - So...what do you guys think? Yeah the cutsie part you guys were waiting for didin't come this week, haha. What do you think is going on with Nathan? What happened to Nicki? Got any suspicions on who put her out with the rag? I told you everything would change this chapter. I'm excited for you all to read the next few parts! :)

Thanks for reading! Would love some feedback in the comments! Vote, comment, fan, share!

Thank you for 1k reads! - Cassie ❤