Chapter 2

Hey guys xx sorry but something popped up this holiday and I haven't had the time to update xx here is the next chapter of the performing arts I tried to make it long for you guys xx thanks for waiting xx I am really sorry...

..

"Charlie," Mum called me, out of my whirring mind, from halfway into the school building. After her wave over, I followed her straight towards the heads office. The very formal plaque outside the door told me that I was to meet with a Mrs. Jackson, I looked around at the extremely business like reception area, a small waiting area was set up in the corner, and comfy chairs were dotted about along with small children play areas presumably for the families who visit or come to enrol. Conscious of my every movement, I took the seat opposite my mother and the smell of newly varnished wood and new leather filled my nose making me somewhat nauseous. Finally, the lady at the reception desk buzzed us into the office after an almost 2 second phone call from Mrs. Jackson herself, it was like she was Lord Alan Sugar or something and we were entering the boardroom. I got up along with Mum and Dad and timidly walked in. As if it was a reflex I got the feeling again! What if she asked me to sing? What if there was like an audition I needed to do or something? Shit! There is no way in heaven or hell that I will last here, I'll be the school clown and I know it! I could see it now...the laughing faces and smug smiles enveloping me in the school halls. The sneers and remarks from the other students clouded my ears: “there she is...the freak who can’t perform” “what is she even doing here” “she doesn’t belong here, she is a joke!” I sat down on the chair wishing that I could stand up and run from this whole scenario.

"Right Miss....Ahh, Charlotte Jones did you find the journey here ok?" She asked

"Umm yeah, I suppose I slept a fair bit of the way," I said unsure of my answer

"Ahh! Yes!" She exclaimed in a perfectly posh British accent, glancing at a piece of paper "you have travelled all the way to this part of the English countryside from Manchester, I see. So tell me how was life there?" She asked

"It was good, I think, I just sort of got on with what I was supposed to do." I said and, to my relief, she smiled.

"So what do you know about this school?" She asked. This question threw me because I honestly knew nothing about the place until last month when I just randomly received a letter tell me I had been scouted and now I was in.

"Nothing really Mrs. Jackson, I had never heard of it until last month," I decided to go with the honest answer.

"Right... good because I would have been worried if you had, I'm sure you know by know that you are here because this school wants to nourish and develop your natural singing talent, but however as you have noticed, we set out to find you, nobody apart from the government and the family of any student knows of this schools existence, so well done for being scouted," she smiled warmly " and here is a rundown of what life would be like here!" I nodded my head when she looked at me for a response. "So, we do care about all of your other subjects and interests too, so from Monday to Wednesday you will be attending school as normal, to do maths, english, science and some other academic subjects of your choice. From Thursday to Friday you will be put in classes according to the area of 'showbiz' you have been scouted for, so music in your case..." I think she was finished..."Any questions?" I was wrong but I did have one or two questions though.

"Umm yes I have two" I spoke timidly towards her

"Share them?" She smiled

"Well the first one is how did I get scouted?" I asked

"Well your one was a strange one, we were sent a recording of you singing anonymously and well we figured that it was from someone who knew the school, so we took a look and thought that you would be perfect for St. James!" She smiled, she did that a lot!