Chapter 10 ♡

Magsimula sa umpisa

I rolled my eyes, "okay. Guys, you're both exaggerating. There is nothing going on between Zayn and I. And you barely even know him. You said yourself Cora, he seemed like a nice guy."

Cora sighed, "I know. But that's because I couldn't see clearly through the window."

I rolled my eyes, "so do you want to hear the good news or not?" I turned to Carlee.

"Let me at it," she said, taking another bite of her apple.

"Okay, so, Cora landed me a job as a model for her agency. I might make it, maybe I won't, but I'll be working as a model."

"Oh my God," Carlee said, shocked, "Lucky ass! I'm so happy for you!" She set down her apple and gave me a hug.

"Oh, Carlee! If you're looking for a job, I heard that Kat still needs an assistant." Cora said.

"Really? I would love to! This is going to be so much fun Kat! I can't wait! When do I start?"

"Well," I stated, "I'm hungry for some un-burnt breakfast, so while I go freshen up, would you mind-"

"I'll get right to it!" Carlee exclaimed, "low fat right?"

"Right! I'll help," Cora said.

I laughed as I walked upstairs. When I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, I walked to my closet, stopping in front of the mirror for a glance.

"Model, huh?" I whispered. I wasn't anything special, yes I was skinny, but not 'model material'. My thighs were thin, but not thin enough. I had a flat stomach and skinny arms, but nothing intriguing. My long wavy black hair fell beneath my shoulders and down my back as I tilted my head to examine my face. My face had a strong structure. Acceptably high cheekbones along with a traced jawline. My eyes were a shade of dark brown that almost looked black. My lips, pink but not fascinating. I was so simple, I wonder what made me 'model material'.

But Zayn had called me beautiful, so there must be something.

I'm not quite certain that I'll land that job. And I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't. To tell the truth, anybody deserved that job more than me, and I wouldn't mind to work at my dad's restaurant either.

I raced to my closet and picked out an appropriate outfit for the time. After changing out, I took myself downstairs, hoping the house wasn't burned down. When my foot touched the hardwood floor, there was a knock on the door.

"Get it Cora!" Carlee panicked as she struggled with the eggs.

"I'm busy, you get it!" Cora said back while making the drink.

"I got it," I said while both Carlee and Cora said thank you at the same time. A small giggle left my mouth while I was opening the door. My eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered frantically while exiting the house and shutting the door behind me.

"I brought you this," Zayn replied, handing me a rose. "Sorry, was I not supposed to be here?"

I shook my head, "no, no. It's just that, um." I couldn't tell him about Cora and Carlee's reactions. "It doesn't matter," I smiled, "what's this for?" I asked him, wondering about the rose.

"Oh," he blushed, "well, how do I explain this."

Suddenly, I heard the door behind me open. "Who's at the door Kat?"

I shut my eyes tightly as I recognize the sound of Carlee's voice, hoping that it would help me become invisible in any way possible.

"Well," Carlee says as I turn around to face her, "hey there Zayn."