3...2...1...no more questions

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
We arrived at Ł's new base shortly after 10am, overnight he had made the necessary requirements for the apartment to be rearranged into a scene which reminded me of old times, back when we worked together on the Kira case. Ł sat crouched before various screens, balancing sugar cubes on top of each other, lost in thought. Matsuda and I were the last to take our seats as he turned around and left the desk chair to join the group of detectives sitting around the coffee table.

"Now that everyone is here the first official meeting will commence. As you all already know Mirai has three questions to ask Hikari, these are precious and must be chosen carefully in a way that will result best towards the investigation."

He said slowly, looking up from his notebook expectantly, asking,

"Mirai, I know I haven't given you very much time but do you have any suggestions for the questions?"

"Well,"

I began, pulling out my own notebook,

"After brainstorming for a couple hours last night I came up with a list of things we need to know in order to proceed any further with the case. Firstly whilst we know there is a Shinigami Realm, your Realm and my own, we don't know how they are connected. How does transportation between them work etc? Can anyone travel between them or just a selected few, if this is the case; why? The following questions from there would all depend on the answer we receive. There's no telling whether or not this would help the investigation but it's all I've got."

I explained, skimming over the notes I'd scribbled down over breakfast with Matsuda. Ł nodded thoughtfully.

"In that case does anyone else have any ideas?"

He looked around the group, they were all silent, brows furrowed deep in thought. After a moment Aizawa raised his hand, waiting for a nod from Ł before speaking,

"It seems to me that we already have a number of questions, the problem is compressing them down into one which will lead to the next and so on."

He started,

"We should start by asking a question only Hikari can answer, not something that could be found with a little research such as if this person Mirai and Matsuda saw has been doing the killings around Mirai's town and the reason why he was in that rundown house."

"Aizawa's right, the only person who could tell us about that travelling stuff is Hikari! We should ask him how to travel from one realm to another!"

Matsuda declared excitedly.

"Calm down Matsuda, while you are on the right track we could just as easily reword that question that would answer that as well as various other questions."

Ł said in a monotonous tone, watching as the smile disappeared from Matsuda's lips.

"In that case why don't we just ask Hikari to tell us what he knows about the realms? That could very well answer multiple questions and spark up some new ones."

Mr.Yagami put in, eager to get going with the case. Ł nodded, sipping the coffee he'd just finished scooping half a bowl of sugar into.

"Very well,"

Eyes now fixed on me he asked,

"Where is the Shinigami?"