chapter 23

"[Y/N]! Do you have any plan later? Want to get some crepes with us later?" Kurahashi invited while I was packing my bag and ready to go off.

"sorry, but I got something going on later." I smiled. Kurahashi looked really disappointed. She turned into a chibi and start crying like a kid.

"A-ah why don't go we next time?" I nervously replied.

"Really?" she wiped away her tears

"yea! I got to go see you later"  I grabbed my bag and exited the classroom.

[ time skip]

I stopped in front of the school gate, my eye twitches as the chauffeur opened the door for me and Asano Gakushu is seating comfortably inside. 

"Get in." He ordered.

I got in and sat near the door, keeping at least one-meter space between us. The whole journey is quiet until he offered me a bottle of water. I grab it a gulp it all down. soon I feel drowsy, dropped the bottle and fainted.

[moments later]

I woke up and found myself in an empty room with only a bed, a makeup table and a fancy dress hanging in front of me. Someone knocked the door. I rushed to the back of the door and instructed whoever to come in.

" [L/N]-"  I covered the person's mouth as soon as she opened the door. She struggled for a while as I quickly examined her. 

"Ah! Ba-chan!" I finally recognized the familiar-looking person. She has been working under Asano family as their maid for at least 30 years now. She has seen how the family changes and took care of Gakushu. 

I bow down over and over again apologizing at her. 

"Nothing less from the daughter of a CIA." she laughed and smiled at me warmly. 

" PARTY?!" I burst out after learning why I am here and why I was drugged by Gakushu. 

"Well well.... Let's put on the dress shall we?" she took the dress and smiled. While she was styling my hair I decided to tell her about Karma. 

"Ba-chan.... You know.... I used to have a boyfriend. He's sadistic yet he's kind-hearted. He can be dishonest but truthful too. I really loved him."

" Past tense?" she questioned.

" I broke up with him" without me knowing tears rolled down my cheek, I tried to wipe it with my hand but more tears were shed.

" you should take a firm stand on what you believe." ba-chan comforted me. I sniffed and stopped. My nose was a little red. Like a kindergartner crying over toys.

" And...we...are...done! Look like my skills hasn't got rusty" she did finally touch up on my hair and smiled at me proudly. I look in the mirror and don't even recognized if I was the one sitting in front of the mirror.

"Thank you!" I bowed down and thanked her. I wore the heels that she passed to me and open the door. Gakushu was waiting outside with his arm folded. 

"Sorry to make you wait," I mumbled. He looked at me and blushed lightly. He reached out his hand and I held it. I walked down a flock of stairs and guests are already at the main hall chatting among other. He brought me to the stage and introduced me, to those people invited, as his fiancée. The crowd cheered as we make our selves down. Many people came and offered us a toast. And by people, I mean those who have high status. Anyway, many people came and offered us a toast but a couple who came stood out. They congratulated us but the male who did look a lot like Karma. 

"...Karma." I accidentally blurt out his name. The couple furrowed their eyebrow and looked at each other as I quickly apologize to them. As soon as they left, Gakushu grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the second level balcony.