chapter 20

Again, in the class, there is thousand and one clone of Koro-sensei. This also means exams are coming up. This is boring, for some reason, the class is turning restless against Koro-sensei.

[after school] 

After school, I was called to the main campus. students are looking, gossiping, staring at me again. But not as much as last time. I reached the gigantic door and knocked it.

"come in" 

I pushed open the door and saw Asano standing beside his father, and my parent sitting down. all of them was smiling. 

"yes?" I asked. 

I tried to keep my excitement down since it rare for both of my parents to be back. But for of them to back also mean it's something serious. 

" [Y/N] dear, you are already 15 year old. Your father and I are thinking of finding a fiancé for you." mum spoke up 

I was shocked. Wait, what? I fiancés at the age of 15? but I already have a boyfriend! all these thoughts brought me to two questions 

"who and why?"

" We have been talking about it for months as soon as you turn 18 years old(Japan legal age to get married) we will hold the wedding. and your fiancée will be..." dad continued.

"Me." I turned my head to Gakushu Asano. He cant be serious. I'll be marrying him? 

"but I -" I tried to protest 

" no but, time is precious. All of us had already agreed to this marriage." uncle Asano cut me off.
No matter what I say, how I protest there are no ways that I can stop them from this marriage thing. In the mid of my protestation, my phone rang.

" pardon" I walk out of the principal office and answered the call. I sighed as I end the phone, the call was from Koro-sensei. I walked back to the office 

"I have something to attend. I would like to put this matter on hold." I turned my heels and exit the main campus. Quickly called for a cab and make a beeline for the hospital. The trip seems like it took forever to reach the hospital since my mind has been corrupted with all these marriage things.
Finally, i reached the hospital, after I learned about what had happened, I tried to negotiate with the person that got injured.

 " please forgive us" Koro-sensei appeared with a bouquet of flowers and kneed down on his knees to apologize. The class also came in to apologize.

[in the orphanage] 

Since we are in debt, I suggested building a new building for the orphanage. I carried the wood trunk on my shoulder while revising. To keep my mind off the fiancée thing. And to focus on my studies as well. I also volunteered to teach the children there basic subjects. Despite all these, my heart is still trapped. My eye seems soul-less.

[Time Skip]

Everything is finally over. The principal of the orphanage forgave us and overlooked the matter. But since the exam is already here, the class didn't make it into the top 50, other than Karma. I got third in the level this time. Nobody knows why. On the way back home from the 3-E building, I met the big five along with the others. 

"its a pity most of you didn't make it into the board" Asano pitied. 

 I crunch my fist and almost punched him in the stomach but to be blocked by him. 

"remember our promise." He whispered in my ear. 

My eye widens, I was speechless. It's a dead end. There is no way to talk back. The marriage will be held, that's one thing for sure. I hung my head low and walk past them as the teardrop I tried to hold back dripped down my nose.

>>>

Add me on (◕ᴗ◕✿)

twitter: @ xiinjiie

line: @ xinjie__

or click the link in my bio to make an anonymous feedback