Chapter 13: Final Lair

Chapter 13

As the Phantom, aka Discord, dragged Fluttershy down to his lair, she struggled to pull away from him. “Please let me go,” she pleaded.

He ignored her and kept pulling. He pulls her down the long hallways and to his lair. In the distant you could hear people coming to catch them. “Track down the murderer!” people were calling and almost chanting to a rhythm.

“Why do people do this?” he asked to himself. He then stopped pulling her and looked at Fluttershy. “Because of my face? Tell me, why!”

Fluttershy let a tear roll down her cheek. “I don't know why,” she said.

He then kept on pulling her down. He had brought her to the heart of the sewers beneath the opera house. He took her to where he had taken her months before. Discord then looked at the wax figure of Fluttershy. He then took the wedding dress it had on and gave it to Fluttershy.

“Where it,” he instructed her.

Fluttershy didn't want to argue, so she took the dress and went somewhere where he couldn't see her to put the dress on. She came back and saw that he was at his organ. “Am I now your prisoner?” she asked him. “What are you going to do with me?”

He looked at her. He then walked up and put his hand on her cheek. “Since I've been down here, alone, for so many years,” he started, “has it's upsides. But the downsides include not being able to touch the female skin.”

Fluttershy backed away. She didn't want him touching her. “Do you see my face?” he asked her.

Fluttershy slowly turned her head to look at it. It was ugly, she couldn't ever get used to it. She then nodded. “This face is so repulsive that... that my own mother hated me for it. Do you believe it?” he asked. “My own mother.”

Fluttershy felt bad for him. She looked away though to look out at the water surrounding them. “My mask was actually my first ever decent piece of clothing,” he told her looking down. He then felt all the hatred of everyone build up inside him. He then got a little angry and took the wedding veil off the mannequin and shoved it onto Fluttershy's head without being gentle.

“But that is all behind us now, everything is,” he told her. Fluttershy didn't look at him still. He then turned her body towards him. “Turn around! I am now your whole future! Understand?”

Fluttershy looked at him in horror, she was so scared. She then sucked all her fear in, and nodded. “I understand now,” she replied. “I understand that your face isn't the problem, it's your heart that is.”

Discord was crushed by this. He didn't want her to think of him like that. He then heard the sound of someone walking in the water. Discord looked up and saw Spike walking towards the gate to the lair. He smiled slyly.

Fluttershy heard it too and looked to see what was making that sound. She gasped. “Spike!” she screamed. She then motioned for him to leave.

Discord smiled. “I'd hoped that you would come,” he told Spike. He then opened the gate. “Come in, make yourself at home.”

Spike looked at Fluttershy, who was shaking her head, and clenched his fist to look strong. He ignored Fluttershy's attempts to warn him. “I came to free her,” he told Discord.

Discord laughed. Spike went up to Fluttershy and hugged her. “Everything will be fine,” he told her. “I love you.”

Fluttershy hugged him back. “I love you t...”

Before she could finish her word, Spike was being pulled away from her. She watched in shock as Discord pulled Spike up to the gate. He put him up to the gate and tied a noose around his head. “Now no one can save you, except Fluttershy!” he told Spike. Discord then laughed. “And we all know that is NOT going to happen!”