Chapter 7: After the Disaster

STILL HUMANS

Chapter 7

Spike ran back stage after the accident and saw Fluttershy run up some stairs. Spike followed her up to a rooftop. The rooftop of the Canterlot Opera House. “Don't take me back there,” Fluttershy said without turning around to see him.

“Why?” Spike asked. “You have to preform.”

Fluttershy shook her head. “He'll kill me,” she told him. “His eyes will find me here, those eyes that burn.”

“Fluttershy, don't say that,” Spike told her. “You know what? Don't even think it.”

“He will kill a thousand men,” Fluttershy told him.

Spike looked at her. “Who?” he asked.

Fluttershy finally turned around. “The Phantom of the Opera!” she yelled as she began to cry.

Fluttershy then fell to the floor and sat down on the roof top. “Spike, I've been there, to the world of unending night,” she told him.

“No you haven't,” Spike told her thinking she was going a little crazy.

“No, Spike!” she yelled. “I've seen him. Can I ever forget that sight? With that face so... unnatural it was hardly a face.”

Spike put her hand on her shoulder. “Fluttershy, just forget about it,” he told her.

Fluttershy then stood up and looked out onto the city of Canterlot from the rooftop. “His voice filled my spirits with a strange new sound,” she told him thinking of the Phantom. She looked at him now, instead of some monster, of an angelic person. “In that night, there was music in my mind. And through music my soul began to soar.”

She then looked back at Spike. “And I'd heard, as I've never heard before,” she said.

Spike shook his head. “What you heard was a dream,” he told her. “And nothing more.”

Fluttershy then stared off into space again. “Those eyes, both threaten and adore,” she said. She then closed her eyes to think of them and she smiled.

“Fluttershy, Fluttershy,” Spike said trying to bring her back to reality.

“Fluttershy, Fluttershy,” the Phantom echoed Spike.

Fluttershy opened her eyes and looked around. “Did you hear that?” she asked.

Fluttershy then looked into Spike's eyes. He smiled and told her that she needed to stop thinking about all this bad stuff. “I'm here, nothing can harm you,” he said to her. “I can guard you and guide you.”

Fluttershy smiled too. “Say you'll love me every single moment,” she told him. “Say you'll need me with you now and always. Promise me that all you say is true, just love me, that's all I ask of you.”

Spike held her hands. “You're safe, no one will find you,” he comforted her. “Can I lead you from your solitude?” he asked her.

Fluttershy turned her head sideways. “What do you mean?” she asked.

He then got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. “Fluttershy,” he started, “anywhere you go, let me go too. Fluttershy, love me, that's all I ask of you.”

Fluttershy smiled and bent down and kissed him. Spike kissed her back. He then picked her up and spun her around. He then sets her down and puts the ring on her finger.

“Spike, we have to go,” she said. “Wait for me, Spike.”

Spike smiled. “Fluttershy, I love you,” he told her.

Fluttershy smiled and grabbed his hand and led him back inside the Canterlot Opera House. “With you always beside me, you'll guard me and you'll guide me,” she said when they were inside.

The Phantom, a.k.a. Discord, comes out from behind the statue he was eavesdropping behind. He comes out and stands where they stood. He then stats to cry a little bit.

“I helped you, and this is how you repay me?” he mutters to himself. “You denied me and betrayed me.”

He then sucks up the tears. “Then let it be war upon you both,” he mutters again to himself. He then rushes down to his lair and prepares the greatest plan ever made.