Chapter 4: When Awake

REMEMBER THEY ARE HUMANS, NOT PONIES!

Chapter 4

Fluttershy wakes up to the sound of a music box. She then looks around and sees that she is in her same white cover up from last night, and in the same strange cave. She looked around and saw that she was in the same cotton candy bed as last night, it wasn't sticky though.

She got up and looked around. She remembered everything, the lake, the mist, the boat... and the man. She looked at saw him doing things over at his desk. Fluttershy walked quietly over to him. She wandered what was under that white mask he was wearing. She then walked up behind him and quickly took off the mask.

The man then pushed her down to the ground. “Curse you!” he screamed at her. “How dare you!”

Fluttershy started to breathe heavily, which turned into panting, which turned into whimpering, which turned into crying.

“Is this what you wanted to see?!” he scream-asked as he showed her his face. She buried her head in her hands, scared of the face she just saw. It was horrible, she didn't know how to describe it.

“Now you cannot ever be free,” he told her.

Fluttershy then started to cry a lot more. The Phantomish man looked at her and saw that she was crying. He then went over to her and went down to the ground next to her. She quickly scooted away from him. “Stranger than you dreamt it, do you even dare to look?” he asked.

Fluttershy peered through her fingers and saw him looking at her. “Can you even think of me as this loathsome gargoyle? Who burns in Hell, but secretly yearns for Heaven, secretly.”

He then sighed and looked over at the girl with the swooped pastel pink hair. “Oh, Fluttershy,” he said.

He tried to come closer to her, but she kept on inching away. “Fear can turn to love, you'll learn to see the man behind the monster,” he told her referring to himself.

Fluttershy shook her head. “You will see behind this repulsive carcass who seems a beast,” he said. “But he might dream of beauty, secretly.”

Fluttershy shook her head again. He then sighed and looked down. Water began to build up in his eyes. “Oh, Fluttershy,” he sighed.

Fluttershy saw that he was upset. She then looked at the mask in her hands. She then slowly scooted closer to him. When she was right next to him she gave him the white mask. He slowly took it and slipped it onto his face.

He then stood up and held out his hand for her to grab. “Let's go,” he told her. “The two idiots who run my theater will be needing you.”

* * *

Sweetie Belle entered the ballet dormitory that night and saw that Derpy was in there. She made her way over to her bed and laid down. She tried to block out what Derpy was saying, but she was talking really loud.

“He has muffin shaded skin,” Derpy told the ballerinas. She was describing the Phantom of the Opera to them. “A great chocolate chip says is the nose that never grew.”

She was taking her whole explaining thing as a funny thing, but the ballerinas were getting scared.

“You have to always be on your watch, or he he'll get you with his magical muffin maker,” Derpy joked.

“A lasso,” Twilight corrected Derpy as she entered the room. “A lasso is what you mean, not a muffin maker.”

“Is it true?” Silver Spoon asked.

Twilight turned to her. “Is what true?” Twilight asked back.

“What Derpy says,” Silver Spoon said, “about the Phantom?”

Twilight looked at Derpy. “Those who speak of what they know, find too late that being quiet is right. Just remember, Derpy, keep your hands at the level of your eyes.”

“Alrighty!” Derpy exclaimed.

Twilight pointed to the door. “Now go, Derpy,” she ordered.

Derpy then clumsly walked out of the dormitory. “It's okay girls,” Twilight told the girls. “Derpy is just Derpy, don't believe anything she says. Understand?”

The girls all nodded and then went to sleep.