Chapter 37 The collision

This school is so big! It took me a whole week to memorize where all of my classes are. I still don't know everybody's name. Plus there are three classes because there are 72 sophomores. So all of us are split up. So I only know the names of the 20 people in my class. I still don't have any friends here. Know one has even tried to get to know me. Although the girls, I'm guessing the popular ones, always give me weird looks. It's like they are planning to kill me or something. Yikes. Oh well I've been in worse situations.
   Finally after lunch someone finally talked to me. Kind of. His friends bet that he couldn't come over and talk to me. Ugh. "So um, my friends and I kind of made a bet." He said. "Ok? What's the bet?" I asked. He tried to lean in and kiss me but I backed away from him before he could. His friends started to laugh. "Ha! He got rejected!" His friends laughed. I felt really bad so I said, "I'm sorry, I just got out of a relationship and I don't want to start a new one just yet. Plus I don't kiss random guys at school. Sorry." This sounded nicer in my head. He looked really hurt. Do people here just make out and hook up with each other all the time? Because that's just wrong! This school is full of creeps! "Omg! Guys! The new girl is still a virgin!" One of the popular girls yelled. It was so loud I think everyone in the cafeteria heard it. Great. I ran out of there almost in tears. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse someone yelled, "Awwwwww! The poor thing is crying! Go back to where you came from, loser!" Tears were streaking down my face. I wish I could. I seriously wish I could go back home. Screw this place.
   When I was on my way to the bathroom, to get some privacy, I ran into someone. "Hey! Watch it!" He yelled. "Omg I'm so sorry!" I looked up to see who I hit and I almost started to cry again. Derek!? "Olivia? When did you move here?" I didn't say anything, I was in shock. "Are you okay? What happened?" I started to cry. Then Derek wrapped me in his arms and gave me a big hug. "People are jerks here!" I cried. "Shhhhh, I know. Why do you think I go to camp every summer? I missed you so much Olivia! Why haven't you called me!?" He asked. "I was scared I would get to attached to you, that I would miss you too much. I don't know." I replied. He smiled his usual cute smile. Oh my gosh! I missed that so much! My heart skipped a beat. Then he kissed me. "Oh sure, you'll kiss Derek!" I heard a voice say. It was the same kid that tried to kiss me earlier. I smiled. "That's because Derek is my boyfriend. We just got back together. Right?" Derek smiled at me. "Of course!" He yelled. All of the popular girls looked shocked. I bet they were surprised that Derek chose me and not one of them. Haha! I finally win...