Chapter 30 The last day

It's time for camp to be over. I wish I could just stay here for the rest of my life. I'm going to miss Derek and max a lot! I guess what Derek and I had turned into a summer fling because he broke up with me earlier today. It was a mutual break up though.
"Look, I'm sorry, but I don't know what I was thinking when I started dating you." He said. "I can't do long distance. I'm sorry, I still want to be friends though and see you sometimes and talk to you. So here is my number. He takes my phone and starts to type on his number. I was almost in tears. "Hey, Liv, it's going to be ok. I love you, I really really do! But it has to be this way and you know that!" He said. "I know." I replied. "I'm really going to miss you." He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. "I'm going to miss you too." And just like that another relationship is over.
I went to my cabin to pack up my stuff. Max isn't in there so I start to cry. I cry until I hear footsteps and then I try to stop. "Hey, Liv!" Max yelled. Then she saw my tears. "Oh no, Liv what's wrong?" "He broke up with me. He said long distance doesn't work for him." I replied. Max looked angry. "Doesn't like long distance!? Then why start a relationship in the first place!?! Ugh my brother is so annoying. Liv, I'm so sorry he did that to you!" I started to cry again. "Here, this is my number. Call or text me when you need a friend. Ok?" She said. "Ok, thank you, Max. She got all of her things together and then she was gone, out of my life for good. I'm going to miss both of them. And how am I supposed to be comforted when my life starts to suck. Derek, I don't want to leave you!
I get all of my stuff ready and I just get done when my dad gets there. We turn in the key to my cabin and then we head to the car. I was headed toward the passenger seat but found out that Lisa is sitting there. Great. The soon to be step monster is coming with us. I climb in the back seat and close the door shut. "Hey! How was camp?" My dad asked. "Fine." I replied. (I wish I was still there.) It's time to spend a whole week with my dad. Derek, now I need you more than I ever did!