Chapter 33 Moving away

I help put all the stuff in to the truck. I try to hold back all of my tears. "Come on sweetie it's time to go." My mother said. I was standing by the doorway looking into our apartment. Well what was our apartment. "Can I have a minute, mom?" I asked. "Sure." She replied. I walked into our apartment and started looking around. Everything was so...empty. I went up to my room. No more pictures on the walls or bed or anything. I'm going to miss this place. A lot.
  I go back out to the truck get in and then we start to drive. That's when the tears come. Luckily, no one notices. Five hours later we show up in front of our new house. It's an actual house. Not an apartment building. But it's as big as one. It's huge! My mom shows me where my room is and I take all of my stuff up there. I literally had to take an elevator to get to the top floor. No joke! My room was huge! I'm going to need more things if I want to make this place not look so empty. I love the house but it still feels like something is missing. Oh yeah. My friends. Brooke, Derek, and Max. I don't think I'll ever see Brooke again. And having a house like this isn't worth not seeing a friend. I'd rather see them and live on the streets than live here and not see them at all. I start to cry again. This sucks! Is my mom trying to buy me back! And Steve must be rich because there is no way my mom could ever afford this house! Is my mom a gold digger now? Is she not happy? Maybe she thinks she has to have money and I nice house in a nice neighborhood to be happy. But I know she doesn't. I know now that she misses my dad. She never stopped loving him. And she doesn't love Steve either. She loves his money...