Ch9: Little Coyote and the Cheeky Fox

Eris' POV:

It's only been a few moments since Jericho found out that trying to fight back is pointless. As Ban and I advance on the helpless kid, I feel a wicked smirk etch onto my face as I see the inner struggle between running away and hurting her pride, or standing to fight a hopeless battle, being waged in her eyes.

"Now my dear Jericho it seems that you are in a bit of strife, wouldn't you say?" Through my wolfish smirk I feel the tips of my canines become even more prominent and boy did she notice those sharp little buggers. She attempts to splutter out an incoherent response but I purposely cut her off, moving closer until I'm whispering in her ear

"Face it kid, the thing about strife is that there are many forms of it- chaos, turmoil, vigorous or bitter conflict, discord and antagonism, getting into trouble or bitter rivalry! It's everywhere kid and I know that right now you are experiencing extreme inner conflict and turmoil, hence why you're frozen, like a deer caught in headlights." She shivers as my breath seemingly tickles her ear. She 'bravely' turns her head looking me dead in the eyes and only a few centimetres from my face. I smirk at the inner strife so evident in her amber eyes as I pull my face away from her's with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry kid but I don't swing that way, anyways Ban! She's all yours." I almost snort at the face of sheer horror when I call Ban can deal with her. He on the other hand steps forward eagerly grabbing her by the throat and forcing her to drop her sword. "Just finish me and get this over with already." She wheezes out, but I don't pay her much attention as I absentmindedly twirl a lock of my violet hair.

"You know what barber?" I watch on in amusement as he pulls her face close to his own, "that's a nice suit of armour you've got there but I don't quiet think it's your style." I swear I can almost hear the smirk in his voice as he begins to remove the struggling girl's armour, leaving her in her undergarments.

I waste no time in tying her up as Ban and I rush off to another empty corridor with cells lining the hall, "man I knew that would be too small for me, I could tell too." He exclaims dramatically as he throws down the 'useless' armour before turning towards me with a smirk, "but it might just be the perfect size for you~"

I chuckle but shake my head none the less, "as much as I want to give you a strip show, you and I both know that I don't do the whole chunky armour crap." I make sure to thickly lay on the sarcasm so that there's no room for misinterpretation but Ban being Ban, just listens to what he wants to hear.

He throws me a breath taking smirk as his eyes trail up and down my body, taking in as much as the perverted immortal can, but I just quirk a brow boardly in his direction. "Are you done checking me out?" I breath out exasperated and he just snorts with a shake of his head, "you know I'm just teasing Eris. You have nothing to be afraid of." I narrow my eyes playfully but before I can respond the voices of soldier's can be heard.

The first soldier yells out,  "quickly! They might be in a ventilation shaft!" I wordlessly flick my hood up and stand closest to the wall to be able to slip into the shadows at a moments notice.

Ban throws me a humorous expression, "what's with all the racket lately? It's like someone broke out of prison or something." I throw him a sarcastic smirk, "I wonder who could've possibly escaped their cell? There's no way it could've possibly been you though, so hooray! We're home free." I cheer sarcastically as we continue our way down the hall until a random soldier appears, Ban steps in front of me shielding me from the soldiers view and allowing me to slip into the shadows unnoticed.

"Where do you think you're going? Ban of the Eight Deadly Sins and where is the Sin of strife Eris, she was reportedly with you." The purple armoured Knight asks cautiously but Ban brushes his suspicion off, not reacting because he knows that I'm still close by as he smirks. "Hey, what's up Holy Knight Jude." He greets 'Jude' casually as I try stifle a laugh.