Ch7: Monstrous Sensei and Ignorant Captains

Third Person POV:

The tension in the Forest of White Dreams was palpable as Gilthunder's sword lies heavily on the restrained Meliodas' shoulder.

"Do you know why the Holy Knight's are after the Eight Deadly Sins?" Gilthunder's asks Meliodas emotionlessly. The blonde Captain appear to ponder for a second before coming up blank, "not really."

Gilthunder's eyes narrow in irritation but none the less continues, "half are seeking revenge and total eradication for the rebelling to overthrow the Kingdom. The other half want to do glorious battle and vanquish the legendary warriors to prove their own strength." Meliodas til it's his head to see Gilthunder's out the corner of his eye, "so, which half are you in?" He questions offhandedly.

Gilthunder's meets his gaze unwaveringly. "Both of them- no, I want more."

"Is that so?" Queries Meliodas as he studies Gilthunder for some kind of explanation or reasoning. Gilthunder's glare sharpens considerably, "Yes, to avenge the death of my father, Zaratras. The Holy Knight's grandmaster and to show that I'm greater than the most powerful Holy Knight ever known. Killing you would prove that."

Meliodas sends him a funny look, "so....you're under the impression that I'm the one who killed your father?" Gilthunder's blade is pressed harder into the blonde's shoulder, as Sir Cottoncady hisses out. "Are you saying you're not?"

Meliodas just shrugs his shoulders, not really caring that the blade still rests there. "Honestly, I have no idea. You see, the thing is, I don't actually remember very much from back then. The last thing I remember is being summoned to the old castle, on the edge of town."

~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~

The Eight Deadly Sins are chatting loudly as they meet up to see why they were being summoned to the old castle. The seven of the eight were happily walking and talking about their latest successes, walking loudly in their chunky armour.

The hooded assassin trailing slightly behind the group in silence. At this point in time she was wearing her iconic black and gold trimmed hooded cloak that covered the upper half of her face and a black mask that covers her nose and mouth so that no one could see her face.

"It's all the same to me, let's get scolded then celebrate!" Exclaimed Ban, the fox sin of greed, from within his red armour. The other Sin's, except the hooded figure, laugh and agree with their normally drunk comrade.

Meliodas knocks once, opening the door to where the Grandmaster would be waiting for them. "Hey, we're here! Grandmaster?!" The Sins take a peek inside room, only to find a gruesome sight. The Sin's enter the room cautiously but the danger had already passed, their assassin silently bounds over to inspect the deceased Grandmaster.

She tries to clench Zanatras' hand but the hand is cold and beginning to stiffen as rigour mortis ha begun to set in. Meliodas appears next to her placing a hand on her shoulder, "he's been dead a while hasn't he?" He whispers out.

Eris nods in confirmation holding up four fingers to Meliodas, who seemingly understands. "He's been dead for roughly four hours guys, someone planned this." He informs the other Sins who keep their distance.

Diane gulps in slight horror at the bloodied sight, "he's like a pin cushion. Who would do such a thing?"

"More importantly, who would target the leader of the Holy Knights?" Asks Merlin gravely. Ban nods in agreement, "you're right. The Grandmaster is the linchpin of the Kingdom's defence, he's practically a war God. Whoever killed him must be plotting to overthrow Liones!"