Insecurities

Jade sat on the floor of her and Perrie's bedroom, clutching her phone tightly in her hands as she read the comments on her newest Instagram selfie.

(@)LMixer: no offense jade, but that grey hair is ugly.

(@)Edwards999: i can literally see all the makeup caked onto her face

(@)NelsonPinnock45: jade you're so ugly my eyes hurt

Her body shook roughly as tears fell down her tan cheeks, a soft patting sound emitting as they hit the wooden floors beneath her. The grey-haired girl was shattered by the comments, confused about these people's lack of common decency as they left rude things for her to read from the other side of a dimly-lit screen. She was sobbing so much that she didn't notice the soft knocking at the bedroom door.

"Jade, babe? Are you alright in there? I'm worried sick." Perrie's muffled voice could be heard from the other side of the door, and Jade instantly quieted down.

"I-uh, yeah, I'm fine." Jade barely managed to hold back her sobs as she spoke, but she apparently didn't do good enough.

"I'm coming in there. You don't sound alright."

"Perrie, I promise, it's just some silly Instagram comments. I—" Jade was cut off by Perrie's swift embrace, and she instantly melted into the safety of Perrie's arms.

"Shh. Let me see." Perrie whispered into Jade's hair. Jade reluctantly handed Perrie her phone, burying her face into the blonde's shoulder. Perrie's eyes widened as she read, and she nearly through the phone out of anger. "How could these people who claim to be our "fans" say something like this?! About you, of all people!" Perrie nearly yelled, but she kept her voice down for Jade's sake.

She stood up from beside Jade and sat Jade's phone on the bedside table before bending down and whispering "Jump." into Jade's ear. Jade did as told and jumped up, allowing Perrie to hook her arms under Jade's bum to support her. Jade then instinctively wrapped her legs around Perrie's waist, helping to support herself.

"If I may ask, why are you carrying me like a small toddler?" Jade asked quietly, her voice sounding more like a toddler's and less like her own.

"Because you're my baby and I have to protect you." Perrie explained, setting Jade down on their bed and sitting beside her. "Now look at me." Perrie commanded, hooking her index finger under Jade's head and turning it to face hers. "There are so many things I need to tell you." She stopped briefly, looking deeply into Jade's dark brown eyes. "All of those comments you read? They were written by jealous arseholes, and everything they said was a lie."

Jade nodded slightly, mesmerized by Perrie's eyes as she continued to speak.

"Tell me everything you hate about yourself." Perrie said it calmly, not an ounce of resentment or anger in her voice. Only love, warmth, and comfort.

"Um... My nose, my tummy, my toes, my lips, my freckles, my moles, basically everything." Jade was ashamed of herself as she spoke, and with each word she felt more and more useless.

Perrie said nothing. Instead she hesitantly and slowly kissed Jade's lips. She pulled back and looked into Jade's eyes sadly. "Why do you think about yourself like this?" She asked it so quietly that you wouldn't have known she said something without really listening for it.

"It's just—I receive so much hate every day, and I—I guess I've let it get to my head. I've let it influence me to the point where I believe everything I read about myself. If someone calls me fat, then I'm fat. If someone calls me a whore or slut, then I'm a whore or slut."

Perrie shook her head and took a deep breath, shutting her eyes for a few moments before opening them again. "Jade, my sweet, beautiful baby Jade. Why have you let society corrupt you? Each and every single one of your freckles means something different to me." Perrie paused and kissed every visible freckle on Jade's body. She kissed the one on her elbow, the one right by her nose, the one on her collar, and the secret one on her ankle.

"And your moles? They're special to me too, because without those moles, you wouldn't be the Jade I fell in love with." Perrie kissed the mole on Jade's neck, because it was the only one she remembered.

"Your face is fascinating. I could stare at it all day, because it changes depending on lighting. It goes from toned to adorably chubby to just perfect." Perrie kissed a spot on Jade's face in between each word, stopping shortly before she reached her lips. "But your lips are the best part." As soon as the last word left her mouth, Perrie pressed her lips to Jade's and smiled, her eyes fluttering shut. When Perrie pulled away from Jade, a flash of longing washed over Jade's face briefly before dispersing.

Perrie's gaze flickered to Jade's slightly exposed tummy, and a sly smirk creeped across her lips. "You said you didn't like your tummy? Let me tell you why your opinion is wrong."  Perrie lifted Jade's shirt up and exposed her tummy more, leaning down to plant kisses all around her belly button. In between each kiss, she spoke. "Your tummy is beautiful, and soft, and flat, and toned, and perfect, because it fits you, and only you."

Perrie lifted Jade onto her lap and wrapped Jade's legs around her torso, rubbing Jade's thighs soothingly as she did. "Your thighs are perfect. They have just the right amount of chub," Perrie paused and wetted her lips, smiling happily at Jade. "And they're positively beautiful. The best part of your body by far." As Perrie spoke, her lips got closer and closer to Jade's thigh, until she planted a soft, caring kiss at the middle of her lower thigh, then moved and did the same for the other.

"Jade, you're perfect. You're beautiful. You're a princess. And you're mine. You're my princess, and my princess isn't allowed to dislike herself, especially when she's as perfect as you are. I forbid you to think such bad thoughts about my baby's perfect body. I love you so, so much, and it breaks my heart to hear stuff like that. So don't do it, okay?" Perrie looked at Jade's face, planting about five-hundred-and-fifty more kisses on various spots of it.

"I can't promise anything. But I love you too. You make me feel beautiful and wanted, when my mind is telling me the opposite. Thank you so much." Jade whispered, putting her hands on the nape of Perrie's neck and pulling her closer, kissing her softly.

-(:)-(:)-(:)-

AUTHORS NOTE

I require feedback on this. It makes me happy ^_^

I'm so spontaneous.

Love you lots like jelly tots! ^_^

~Max