"How dare she come on board and think that you are going to fall at her feet". "Wasn't it you who finished the relationship"? "Yes, but she doesn't want to admit that it's finished between the two of us". "After three years"? "I think she was hoping that when I saw her again I'd fall at her feet"! "So after all that, what did you tell her"? "I told her that I love you and that I plan to make my future with you". "How did she take it"? "She only said that she hopes I know what I'm doing and then she left my office". "Come here" he said as he pulled her closer to him. "There's nothing she or anyone else can do to split us up". "You know how I feel about you and you know what are plans are for the future, so don't worry". "I can't help but worry". Let's see if I can do something to make you stop worrying". He pulled her into his arms and started kissing her. They were so caught up in the kiss that they didn't here the phone ringing. After about ten minutes someone started pounding on Sandro's door. Moaning he pulled away from her. "Whoever it is, better have a good excuse for interrupting us"! Pulling open the door he saw Paolo standing there. "Sorry if I was interupting something, but there is a ship to shore call for you". 

Sandro grabbed hold of the phone and called the bridge.Seeing Paolo standing at the door Rebecca said "Why don't you come in"? "Thanks" he said walking into the cabin. "How's Sadie"? "We had a really good talk and we've cleared everything up". "So, what have you decided"? "I think Sadie wants to tell you herself". "Infact, I was coming to invite you to our cabin when the bridge phoned me to tell me about the phone call". "I hope everything is alright" she said worridly. "I think by the look on his face everything is fine". In that precise moment Sandro walked over to them. "Is everything okay"? "Everything is perfect" he said pulling her into his arms. "It was my mum; she was phoning to tell me that they are coming for a cruise over the New Year": "Oh, that's fantastic" said Rebecca happily. "I bet you're pleased". "It's been awhile since you last saw them, isn't it"said Paolo "Yes it is". "Well, I'll leave you to it" he said as he walked out the door. "Hey Paolo, I hear congratulations are in order" said Sandro hugging him before he walked out the door.

"We'll be expecting you". "Okay see you in awhile". "So tell me what did your mum say"? "Well first of all she said that she is really looking forward to meeting you and then she told me that they will be here for the new years cruise". "Who's coming"? "My parents are coming with my sister Francesca". "Oh that's fantastic news". Yes, but there is something I need to tell you first". My sister is really good friends with Diane, so don't be surprised if she is a bit strange with you". Oh that's great, that's all I need". "Don't worry, I'll talk to her". "Enough about all this, where were we when we were interuppted"? "I think we were here" she said pulling him against her". "What a good memory you have" he said moaning as he pulled her down on the bed". "Mmmmm" was all she could say. It was about an hour before they remembered that they had promised to go to Sadie and Paulo's cabin. They quickly got dressed and showered and left their cabin Paolo answered the door at the first knock and ushered them into the cabin. Sadie was sitting on the bed with a big smile on her face and Paolo had a bottle of spumante on ice. 

"Let's celebrate"! Said Paolo. Rebecca and Sandro were so pleased for them and went to congratulate them both. "So, what plans have you made"? "Well first of all, I'm over the moon" said Paolo "and the sooner we get married the better". "Oh I'm so happy for you" said Rebecca with tears in her eyes. "Have you set the date yet"? "No, but Paolo has fixed it, so that I can stay on until he finishes his contract and then we'll fly back to England and then to Italy". "We want to get married there". "I phoned Jenny and she has agreed to keep the pregnancy a secret". They stayed with Paolo and Sadie for about an hour and then went down for something to eat. The ship was sailing the following day, so they still had the night to enjoy themselves before the ship filled with passengers.Sandro had to work, so she went down to the crew bar with Mark. While they were in the crew bar Diane walked in with another purser. Rebecca pretended not to see her. 

"Who's that girl who's just walked in"? Rebecca turned to look where Mark was indicating. "Oh she's no-one" "What do you mean no-one" he said laughing. "Why do you want to know"? "Because when I was at the bar, I overheard her talking about you and what she was saying wasn't very nice". "What did she say"? "She said that she didn't know what Sandro saw in you and that she'd give your relationship a month". "She also said that she knows Sandro 10 times better than anyone on this ship and that no-one can take her place". Rebecca started laughing, "You want to know who she is"? "She's someone who dreams with her eyes open". "She's someone who doesn't want to face reality". "Wow" said Mark. "I thought you'd be angry". "I was worried about telling you, but you seem to be calm enough". It's not the point about being calm". "The point is she's living in the past and I feel very sorry for her because she's going to have a very rude awakening"."That's enough talking about her as far as I'm concerned she doesn't exist". Mark agreed with her and they changed the subject. "So tell me about your trip, where did you go"? Rebecca told him all about Saint Martin and she showed him her ring. "That's fantastic" said Mark. "Now I understand why you aren't worried about her". Mark then went on to tell her about his holiday with Tammy in L.A.". They talked and talked for ages and then Rebecca said "Listen I'm going to go to bed". "I'll see you tomorrow morning bright and early in the shop". Rebecca left the crew bar and then went straight up to there cabin. Sandro was waiting for her. "Did you have a good time"? He asked. "Yes, I got caught up in all the gossip". "I spoke to Mark nearly the whole time". Rebecca then told him what Mark had over heard in the crew bar. "Well, all I can say is that I'm proud of you". "You didn't lower yourself to her level". I know, but it wasn't easy". "It's her I don't trust and if she's that desperate to have you back, who knows what she'll do". I'll speak to her tomorrow". "No, please don't do that". "I think the best thing we should do, is just to try and pretend that she doesn't exsist". "That's a great idea; we've waisted enough time on her already". He then pulled her into his arms and started kissing her. Just one touch from Sandro and Rebecca forgot all about Diane. It was quite awhile before she had time to think about her again.