12.

Those two days went by too quickly and before they knew it they were on their way back to pick up the passengers. Rebecca was sorry to leave Sanfransico, she knew that when they arrived back in L.A. Sandro's ex girlfriend would be joining the ship and she was beginning to get worried about it. Sandro noticed the change in her. "What's wrong"? "Is it that obvious"? "I think I know you well enough to know that you're worried about something". 

"It's just that tomorrow, Diane joins the ship and I can't help but worry". "I've told you that there is nothing to worry about". "It's you that I love and she is just a very small part of my past". "I keep telling myself the same thing, but I can't help it". "I don't want to lose you". "You're not going to lose me" he said pulling her closer to him". "I don't want you to think like that". "Diane means nothing to me and it was a long time ago when she did". Sandro spent quite some time trying to convince her and in the end he convinced her the best way he knew how. In the morning, when the ship arrived in L.A. Sandro said "Why don't you go down to your cabin and bring up all of your things, instead of having half here and half there". "That's a good idea; I'll go down right now". "Hold on"! Why don't you wait until I've finished my shift and then I'll help you"? "Okay, I'm just going to get off and pick up some bits and pieces and phone my mum." I'll meet you up here at 12.00". Rebecca phoned Sadie's cabin after Sandro had gone to work and they met near the gang way.

 "You don't look very happy"? "Oh, I am". "It's just that Diane starts today and I'm a little bit worried". "Listen, don't worry". "I asked Paulo if he knew her and he told me that you have nothing to worry about". "The problem is if you are worrying now, what are you going to be like when you meet her"? "I know your right; it's just that I can't help it". "Why don't we go and do some shopping to take your mind off of things" "Ok, let's go"! The girls went to the shops to buy some things. When they returned to the ship she saw Sandro talking to a pretty dark haired girl in the reservations hall. "Is that her"? "I think so". "Why don't you go and join them"?

 "I think I'll just do that"! As she wandered over, she noticed that the girl was standing very close to Sandro. "Hi there" she said putting her arm around Sandro and giving him a kiss. "Hi yourself" he responded kissing her back. Pulling away from each other, she said "Aren't you going to introduce us? "Ah yes, Rebecca this is Diane" "Diane this is Rebecca". "Hi, Welcome on board". Thanks, said Diane hardly looking at her. Turning to Sandro she said "Aren't you going to show me to my cabin"? "No, I'm going to help Rebecca move into my cabin, so I haven't got time".

 "I'm sure you'll be able to find your own way to your cabin" he said as he turned and led Rebecca out of the reservations hall. "I told you" she said pulling her hand out of his. She still likes you; I knew I had a right to be worried". "There's nothing to be worried about". "She is part of my past, but you are my present and my future". "Yes I know, but... No buts, let's go and move the rest of your things". "Okay" she said not been able to keep away the idea that something awful was going to happen. "I didn't like the fact that she was stood so close to you". "Don't worry, the next time she stands near me, I'll move enough away, so that she can't touch me". "I know I sound jealous, it's just that there is something about her that I don't like! "I love you and I'll repeat it over and over again until you get it into your head that there is only one girl for me and that is you"! Said Sandro pulling her closer to him and giving her a long kiss .They went back to Rebecca's cabin to pick up the rest of her things and took them up to his cabin. They spent the rest of the afternoon in their cabin and before they knew it was time for boat drill. That night the shops weren't very busy and they managed to get cleaned up and closed before midnight. 

Rebecca ran up to the cabin, Sandro was finishing at 12.00 so she waited for him and then they both went down to the crew bar for a drink. They met up with Sadie and Paolo, Tomasso and Karen. Sandro went to the bar to get them a drink and then he returned to the table and sat down. All of a sudden they heard a loud noise as if something had exploded. Sandro and the other officers jumped up and ran out the door, Rebecca, Karen and Sadie all got up and followed them out. There were people running all over the crew decks and the girls could smell the scent of smoke. "Oh my God"! "What's happening?" said Rebecca to Sadie. In that precise moment the captain came over the loud speaker and told everyone to go to their emergency stations. Rebecca and Sadie ran to their old cabins to get there life jackets and then they ran up to their emergency stations, where they had to help the passengers go to their emergency areas. Rebecca was at her emergency station when Sandro passed, he stopped quickly. "What's going on"? "Listen, I haven't got time to explain everything, but you must stay with your emergency station and when I can I'll come and get you". "Please be careful"! He pulled her quickly to him and gave her a quick desperate kiss and then ran off with the other officers. The majority of the passengers were calm until they started smelling smoke. Rebecca told them all to keep calm and that if they were in danger the captain would have already got them to go to their boat stations.