4

While they followed the assistant towards the back of the doctors office , Jacob began to laugh and tell jokes to his friend , his mother looked back and gasped. She picked him up and carried him to the room , sat him on the table and they patiently began to wait for the doctor to see them.  About a half an hour later the doctor comes through the door and introduces himself . “Hello! im Dr.Caldwell” he said as Jacob began to wave at him and laugh. Dr.Caldwell began to examine Jacob’s arms, neck and chest for any irregularities. “He appears to be fine Ms.Perez , what has you worried?” he asked as he started to fill out the physical forms. “Jacob , baby why don’t you talk to the nice doctor about Ray?” she sat back in her chair and crossed her arms. “okay! Well Ray is my bestfriend ! hes right here beside me on the table, see?” Jacob asked.

Dr.Caldwell crossed his arms and cocked his head to the side and began to wonder if this was an early stage of Schizophrenia. “Okay Jacob , you and Ray stay in here and sit quietly while me and your mother talk about your physical forms.” he said.  Jacob turned to the wall and started a conversation with his “friend” as the adults walked out into the hallway. “So what do you think is wrong with him Dr.!” his mother exclaimed. “Please ma’am calm down…..but I have an idea that Jacob might have an early stage of Schizophrenia , which means he is basically living in a fantasy world that we can not see, hear or understand , that is probably where “Ray” is. “How could he have this?! What? He was fine as a younger child! Please I need answers.” she said as tears began to build in her eyes. “Well…… different typed of traumatization could of caused him to create such friendly characters, such as bullying, drug abuse which I doubt at his ag-“WAIT !!! JACOB DID MENTION TO ME ABOUT THESE KIDS BULLYING HIM A WHILE BACK! Oh my god I could of stopped all of this, all I had to do was go to the principal but NO! I BELIEVED IT WAS NOTHING! Im so ashamed of my actions…” his mother broke down into tears and wept into Dr.Caldwell’s shoulder as he patted her on the back.