| Two | Contempt

|Two | Contempt

Christian ( In Media 😍😍 ]

         How many times do we have to go through the same thing that's hurting us before we choose to stop it ourselves?

We experience a pain that doesn't scar or scab. It doesn't bleed and shows no marks on our skin. Instead it leaves memories of a time where we were just happy somebody showed interest in us. A time where this pain, was nonexistent. The only thing that we felt was happiness.

            Heartache is what he caused me. He told me all the right things to try and forge his name on my heart. Heartache had made its name known in my life before he did but only with him, my ex, did it ever become apparent that love was something only dreams could conjure up.

Heartache plagues our lives and we do nothing but accept it because we're in "love".

When will someone finally give up and speak into existence that they're not in "love" But that they're in pain. Pain is so blatant and uncaring. Pain isn't even visible on the outside of our skin. It hurts so much deeper than a simple cut.

I've become way too comfortable with this feeling of heartache. My 'sucker for love' nature was replaced with that of contempt. I was contempt in knowing that my Prince Charming had probably died on his way to my castle.

I waited to answer the phone until Shae went upstairs.

The bitch is nosey.

Once I knew that she had finally left I slid the green answer icon over.

"Hello." I said sternly. I had no interest in talking to Von. Atleast I'm trying not to anyway. I try to leave him alone because it's the same thing literally every time he shows some form of interest to me and even though that's all I ever wanted, his cycle of bullshit never ceased to stop and I dont need anybody like that in my life.

"Wassup baby? What you doing?" He spoke lowly. My stomach clenched at each word he spoke. The unnatural raspyness in his voiced projected the influence of the weed already in his system. I knew that tone all too well. He only spoke like that when he didn't want anyone to hear him.

"Don't call me that."

"What? Baby?" He seemed to be suprised when he really shouldn't. I haven't talked to him in months so calling me 'baby' is completely out the window. He chuckled to himself, irritating me because he thinks everything's a joke. Including me.

"What do you want Von?"

"Shit, I'm just trying to chill with you. Where you at?"

"Somewhere minding my buisness." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I get tired of the same, constant routine where he always finding some new way into my life again. Being over it is an
understatement.

"You at Kayla's ain't you." He said, more of a statement than an actual question. "I'm coming over there with y'all then."

"Nah," I shut whatever idea he had of us hanging out down, "What you can do is stay exactly where you are, smoking your life away with your male 'friends'." I continued lecturing him with emphasis on the 'male friends' since they were one of the main reasons I decided to give up on him.

I heard the toilet flushing and the faucet water going from the upstairs bathroom.

"I got to go Von," I tried rushing him off the phone.

"Man," he huffed, " don't hang up on me. I'm trying to talk to you."

"Bye." I quickly pressed the red end call button when I heard Shae's feet jogging down the wooden staircase. She skipped the second to last step, making a thump as her feet left the stairs and met the floor.