|Lie To Me|

It seriously took everything in me to step out of that elevator when it reached my floor...he's probably waiting for me, Fuck.

My eyes were darting around as I walked to my desk, "Are you alright? You look crazy?" Lauren asked as I past her desk.

"What? Yea, I'm fine..."

She gave me a weird look before looking back down.

Suprisingly, I don't see Maxwell waiting around anywhere...maybe I was wrong? Maybe he's not mad? Maybe he's not gonna look for me?

Oh! I could tell him that I just went to Subway like I usually do...he doesn't have to know that I went with Dean...I mean how would he know anyway? And if he was really mad he would have called me in by now...

I'm safe!

"Hey give this to Maxwell." Jason passed by with a cart dropping the folder on my desk.

Motherfucker.

I looked at him, "Wait can't you do it?!"

He looked at me annoyed, "I always give you his papers, what's the difference now?"

"Uhm..nothing..forget it...I'll take it."

I sat there and looked at the folder on my desk, uff why me? Why?!

I got up and walked to his office slowly, the doors were closed...'okay I'm just gonna go in there, leave the folder on his desk and get out as fast as I can...maybe he's not even there if I'm lucky.'

I opened the door slowly and looked in, he's not at his desk or by the window.

Thank jesus.

I walked over quickly to his desk and left the folder there, I turned around to see Maxwell closing the door and pressing the little button that locks it..holycrap he's like a stealth ninja.

fuckfuckfuckshitmotherfuck!

He must have been sitting on the couch the whole time..dammit.

He walked up to me slowly, he didn't look mad, or pissed, or sad, or anything! Just blank, that's the worst.

"I told you to come here for lunch, Audrey."

"Uh...I just decided to go to Subway like usual."

"Alone."

"Yes."

"Are you lying?"

"No."

He smirked and looked behind me to the windows, "You know...one of the many perks about having this view here is that I have a clear view of the entrance...such as who enters and who exits the building."

Fuck me.

"That's...nice."

"Yes it's very nice, and also comes in handy for when people lie to me..."

He looked at me with his hands stuffed in his pockets, he did look a bit mad now, "So tell me...what did Dean order for lunch?"

He knows...

I looked down and covered my mouth..I couldn't hold it in..I seriously need to get rid of this habit, I was laughing..and I couldn't stop.

"Are you laughing?!" he yelled, it actually made me jump back a bit, I looked up to see anger in his eyes.

"Sorry it's a bad habit..." I whispered.

"Is lying another habit of yours?" he said sarcasticly.

I looked away, "Whatever."

"What did you two talk about on your little date?" he practically spat the word date at me...damn.