|His Own Secretary|

Alright. So maybe I should of seen that coming.

I mean, I do tend to have the worst fucking luck EVER...but this was unexpected, sexy cufflink man was now my boss?! Audrey what the hell did you do to be given this miracle?

For the second time in one day cufflink man had me in a daze...until he caught me off with his rude reality.

"Yes, Jack informed me that with being made lead CEO, I'd also have his assistant...which is you."

How was he always so confident?  

I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not exactly a shy, timid girl. Actually most often I've been told that I'm pretty intimidating and well blunt. But he was like this stone wall.

He started walking and talking, his strides were long and fast, the tiny heel on his fancy shoes was heard each time his feet mad contact with the marble floor. I was following close behind, where was he going? I don't know.

"So you knew all along that I was probably going to end up as your assistant?"

"Yes." he said flatly.

He walked towards the door that leads to the building staircase and turned halfway, "I'd take off those heels if I were you."

What the fuck? We are on the 15th floor why the hell is he taking the stairs?!

"Um why don't you take the elevator?" I was bending over and taking off my heels.

"It's just stairs. Why take an elevator when I can get some cardio in right now?" He said it in the simplest voice.

Because that's what normal people do you fucking nut.

After descending down the entire fucking building, I followed him to the front door, heels still in hand.

He shook the doorman's hand and how suprising...there was an Audi there waiting for him with tinted black windows, the driver got out to open the door for him but he stopped and said he could open the door himself... 'hmph maybe he isn't that snobby.'

I was wrong.

He opened the back car door and leaned against it with his hand resting on the hood, "Your assistance is not needed with me Ms. Avery. Go on and collect your items...since you weren't told if you'd be keeping your job directly or not I will compensate you until you are employed again, or we can send you to assist a different CEO."

WAIT, is this motherfucker firing me?!

"I don't understand."

"You're fired Ms. Avery."

There was no emotion in his voice or eyes, this guy is satan, satan is very much alive and walks the earth people and he's in the body of Maxwell Wade.

My voice had taken a violent turn that I didn't even realize until I spoke, "Why? I've only been here three months? I'm one of the best assistants anyone could ever have."

He smirked and bent down sitting in the car with one leg hanging out, "I'm sure you are...but I'm my own secretary. I handle my own work..I always have and always will. Good Day Ms. Avery."

He closed the door to his car and I just stood there in shock...

'This asshole just made me go down an entire building of stairs just so that he could basically tell me I'm fired? I just lost my fucking job...How am I going to pay for my apartment? I just moved out of my parents house not to long ago. I can hear the faint sound of my mothers high pitched nagging voice ringing in my ears now:

"I told you you'd be back. Why didn't you stay in college longer? Get something more realistic, CEO is out of your reach."

It's safe to say my parents weren't thrilled about my career choice...they wanted me to be a teacher, or nurse..but that isn't me at all. I can't believe that twat just fired me...HE HASN'T EVEN BEEN HERE FOR A WEEK AND HE ALREADY RUINED MY LIFE! How am I even going to pay off my car?

Believe it or not...being the assistant of a lead CEO paid good money...good enough as in I started working here three months ago and on my third paycheck I bought my Black 2011 BMW 535i. Ofcourse I bought it used already but still, shit ain't cheap!

I was still standing there on the curb in utter shock. I turned and went back into the building, I was walking around barefoot with my heels still in my hand but I didn't give a fuck.

I got to the elevator and it was full off people, the man next to me was eyeing my feet the whole time...I glared at him, "What do you have fucking foot fetish? Stop staring!" he cleared his throat and looked at the grey metal doors awkwardly.

As soon as the doors opened I went straight to my desk and grabbed my purse..I looked at all my things spread out on my desk,

'You know what? No. I'm not leaving call me crazy... I don't care. Tomorrow I'm coming in for work at 7:00 a.m. just like I do everyday.. I'm going to report to his office with coffe and a fucking bagel and if he doesn't like it then oh well, I've worked my ass off...I've had no personal life since I started here, and I kissed to much ass to get the job that I earned. I'm going to make Maxwell Wade grateful to have me as his assistant if that means I have to swallow some of my pride then so be it..I need this job.'  

______________________________

Here's a short update. This story already has over 1,000 reads. WOW. Thank you all for commenting and reading, I have a good feeling about this book (; Also if you haven't checked it out, please read my Robert Downey Jr. Fanfic. <3