Lost

A/N: this chapter's a little shorter because the last one was longer.

    Adam awoke alone without his sister. He hoped his other sister hadn't died. His other sister's body lay next to him. He successfully got up and immediately felt dizzy. That didn't matter. He had to find Thana. He started to walk down the dirt road. After 10 minutes oh walking he saw blood.
    "Shit," he looked around, "Thana!" No answer. "Shit, shit, shit," she cursed as he broke into a run. "Thana!" He called her name. "Thana!" He saw something in the distance. It was a dead body.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
The two witches had made it out of the school. They were free. They had just made it back to physical form when a demon ripped Peony's feet from under her.
"Nyx!" She screamed. "Help!" Nyx grabbed a rock and threw it at the demon. It let go of Peony and retreated. "What the hell was that?"
"The question is who summoned it," Nyx replied. The front doors slammed open.
"Girls!" The Headmistress had found them.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
Seth reached down to pick up the vase but Lily stopped him.
"Are you crazy? Do you know what that is?" She stared him in the eyes.
"Yeah, I just thought...." She sighed at his response, disappointed. "I guess he needs help then."
"We're not helping him. If he wants help then he can get one of his demons to do it. We just settled down. I don't want to go back to the old days," she said.
    "But if the Horned One needs help then we shouldn't defy him. He's still a god, even if he runs the Summertime," Seth had had plenty of experiences with angry Wiccan gods and he didn't want to be one of the reasons they were mad.
    "We should contact the council first," Lily suggested. Seth nodded and picked up the box and put it out in the living room.
    "Breakfast?" He asked, like nothing had just happened.
    "Well you're cooking. The Stars know I can't cook," Lily laughed.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
    Adam ran down the road. He couldn't loose the rest of his family. He couldn't. He approached the body. It was a man's; the witch hunter's. Adam laughed with relief. She was alive. That was his blood.
     "Thana!" He shouted, gleefully. There was no answer. "It's okay, it's just me, Adam!" There was still no answer. Something was wrong. Then there was a scream.
         🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
    The girls' plan had almost worked. They had almost escaped the school, but here they were, sitting in the Headmistress's office.
    "Now, girls, what are you doing up this late and why on Earth were you outside?" The Headmistress made her voice sound like that of a mother's, but Nyx didn't trust her.
    "Why do you know about the Wiccan Community?" Nyx put forth all of the attitude she had.
    "I told you, your parents freed me," the Headmistress kept her voice innocent.
    "Bullshit," Nyx snapped. Peony put her hand on Nyx's arm.
    "We were attacked by a demon. I assume that was yours?" Peony asked, calmly.
    "Oh Heavens no!" The Headmistress exclaimed. "The council has said some things about the Horned One attacking witches, though."
     "That's a load of shit. The Horned One would never do such a thing. He isn't Satan! He's a beloved friend of Diana!" Nyx exclaimed.
     "Quiet down, Nyxella," the Headmistress's tone grew serious. "We don't want people to get suspicious of us."
    "Us?" Peony asked.
    "Yes, us. I am here to protect you. If something is about to kill you I can take it back to the spirit realm with me. Like I said, I owe Nyxella's parents greatly."
     "What if it was just the Horned One trying to warn us?" Nyx asked.
    "Warn of us of what, dear?" The Headmistress asked.
    "I had a vision. I only get those when another witch dies. What if it was a High Priestess's murder?"
    "Then that would be quite the plot twist," said a voice from the back of the room.