VIII. Celebrate life

The witch hunter had been tracking them for days without the sibling's knowledge. As he shot Evelyn in the leg and Adam in the arm, Thana charged at him and wrestled the gun out of his hand. The man was 2 times her size and so he won and shoved Thana to the ground and aimed for her head. The trigger was almost pulled, but Adam threw a rock at the man's head, knocking him out.
"Adam!" Thana yelled. She rushed over to him.
"Help Evelyn. She hasn't moved," he pointed at their little sister. Thana walked over to her sister and felt her neck for a pulse. 5 seconds went by. No pulse. 10 seconds. No pulse. Evelyn couldn't be dead. No. This isn't real. This is a nightmare. Wake up. Wake up. WAKE UP. But she couldn't. Because this wasn't a dream.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
    Nyx got the water boiling as Peony found the chant. Together, they poured in the spices and Peony dropped her ring in.
   "Ready?" Nyx asked.
   "Yeah," Peony paused and held Nyx's hand. "Daemones , quia maledictus et excommunicatus, miser, et opera tua turpe per nomina." The water started to turn red. "Daemones , quia maledictus et excommunicatus,
miser, et opera tua turpe per nomina," Peony repeated. "Daemones , quia maledictus et excommunicatus,
miser, et opera tua turpe per nomina!!!" The water finally turned black and the spell was over. The two girls drank the hot water and sank into the shadows.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
There was a knock on the door, but Seth didn't want to get up. Lily eventually got fed up with the noise around 5 knocks.
"Who is it?" She called as she walked towards the door.
"I have a package for a uh... Mr. Forger," came the voice of a delivery man. Lily opened the door and took the package from the man. It was surprisingly light.
"Thank you," she said. "But who is this from?"
"A...uh... Madam Stephen's School For Young Ladies." Lily's stomach flipped. Not today.
    "Oh, well... Thanks," she closed the door and returned back to the bedroom.
    "What was it?" Seth asked, still waking up.
    "A package," she paused. "From Madam Stephen's School For Young Ladies."
         🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
    A minute went by before Thana realized that Adam still needed help.
    "Is she okay?" Adam asked. Thana returned back to her brother.
    "She... She's with mom now." Adam's eyes widened. He looked over at his dead sister. "The bullet must've hit a major artery."
     "Stop," Adam couldn't handle it anymore. Why did they have to hide their abilities? Why were they being hunted like wild animals when the witch hunters were the real monsters? "I'm tired of it. The misery. The pain. Why did thwe have to be witches?" Adam cried.
    "Because life is like a amusement park ride and sometimes you don't get to chose weather or not you get to go on the mary-go-round or the roller coasters." Tears were starting to collect on Thana's water line, but she wiped them away, "come on," she said. "We have to get out of here."
   "What about the witch hunter?" Adam asked. Anger filled Thana up.
    "We kill him. Slowly." Adam stared at his sister in disbelief.
    "Celebrate life. The 8th rule of Wicca," Adam said.
     "Fuck the Book of Shadows!" Thana yelled. "Fuck Diana! Fuck the Horned One! Fuck Kernunnos!" Adam looked at the sky, expecting to have two dead sisters after what came out of Thana's mouth.
"Thana..," Adam said.
"What?" She snapped at him. "He killed our sister! The bitch deserves it! Celebrate life? He didn't so he should die by fire!"
"He isn't a witch, though."
"Thana we should just leave," Adam sighed.
"Don't you care about Evelyn?" She yelled at him.
"Yes! Oh course I do! But there's been so much pain, so much death in our lives and its effected me! I don't feel anymore, Thana. I'm just tired of it because I know I should feel something. You do, though. You feel too much," Adam said. It was silent for a long time. The sun started to go down, Thana bound Adam's wound and the witch hunter woke up. He looked for his gun, but Thana had grabbed it.
"Damn witches," came the raspy voice of the witch hunter. Thana held the gun to his forehead.
"You killed my sister," she paused. "Give me one good reason not to blow your brains out."
"I will die with honor," was all he said.
"Thana.....," Adam warned. She turned to look at him and the witch hunter ran away.
"Shit," Thana got up and ran after him. Adam had lost so much blood and he could barely move.
"Thana!" He yelled. "Thana, come back!" She didn't come back, though, and the young witch disappeared into the horizon of the night sky.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
The shadows called for the young witches to loose themselves in the darkness. They couldn't, though. They had to escape. The shadows that had claimed them danced their way across the walls. A million voices whispered in their ears. The fact that they were there wasn't scary, it was that they made sense. They spoke of homicide, suicide, and the pure meaning of worthlessness. It was a poltergeist of a depressed girl. (A poltergeist is the built up energy that can be negative or positive.) One voice spoke very clearly: SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!
Nyx knew that she shouldn't, but she responded, "What's your name?" The girl replied: MY NAME IS APRIL. I DIED OF BRAIN CANCER. PLEASE TELL HER THAT I LOVE HER.
"Who?" Nyx asked. The girl then said: KAYLEE. AND MY ANGEL. TELL MY ANGEL THAT I LOVE HER, TOO. The poltergeist started to fade away. It's job was done. The shadows carried the young witches on. They were so close to the door.
🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
    The box cutter chopped through the packing tape the box was sealed with. Lily's nerves were on fire as the anxiety heated them up. Seth was afraid of what might be in the box, too. Inside was a vase. This was it. The start of the war. Life vs Death. Literally.