Chapter Two: Out

Chapter Three: Out

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Sometimes when you’re stuck in doing something for so long that you don’t know what it is to be out, to be free. Free of what has held you back for so long, but before you can get out, you must first find what is keeping you in… then you must overcome it. Otherwise you’ll be stuck watching movies with your family on Friday night for the rest of your life… yep… I really got to get out more…

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Today’s my fifth day at this school and it’s been far better then I had expected it to be, before I started coming here I was thinking I would sit all alone in the far corner of the cafeteria over by the dumpsters begging that when the popular crowd of jerks goes to throw away their trash, that I would be invisible to them so they couldn’t torment me, and I would walk to and from class being pushed and shoved because nobody cared, that I would be laughed at and made fun of because I wasn’t rich or that I live in a medium size house with only three bedrooms instead of a mansion, or for the fact I don’t talk much… but it was nothing like that, I mean yes I did sit in the far corner of the cafeteria but I wasn’t by the dumpsters and I’m not alone, everyday at lunch Justin sits there with me, and everyday walks me to class, and in between classes we go to our lockers which just happens to be right next to each other and yes I still don’t talk much but neither of us do, we just listen… and every once in awhile Justin will laugh for no reason at all, then as always brush it off as nothing, which still irritates me… but then again the only thing I had to go off of what “normal” high school would be like were movies.

“Ayra… Ayra?”

“Hmm…” I was pulled away from my train of thought, I looked up and Justin was staring at me from his desk beside my own, I looked around to find that the teacher was going down the rows of students passing out tests to everyone. I sighed, and then lifted my head from my desk, I must’ve dozed off for a bit. I turned my head back to Justin and smiled then mouthed a “Thank you” to him for waking me up so I wouldn’t get caught sleeping

The teacher then came to my desk and handed me my test

“Had a good nap?” he teased

I couldn’t help but blush in my embarrassment, and then lowered my head.  Justin’s efforts went in vain

“Yes, thank you…” I said in a small voice

He just smiled and nodded his head then walked away. I looked over to Justin and you could tell that he was trying so hard not to laugh, but somehow failing. I sunk down in my chair with defeat… yes, this was nothing like I had expected what high school would be like, but hey, that’s life and things are never what you’d expect, far from it.

After class we started down the halls toward our lockers to put some stuff away before we head to lunch, we walked in silence, but when we got to the lockers he spoke

“Hey Ayra…”

“Yeah”

“You busy tonight?”

I paused putting my books away then looked at him curiously, my need for information has my automatic response to answer a question with another question

“Today’s Friday, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Hmm… Why do you ask?”

He shut his locker door shut then looked at me with a thoughtful expression

“Well… every year, in the beginning of school, for the first three Fridays, three people are picked to throw a party and whoever throws the biggest and best party wins…”