13. Crash Diet

AVA IS HEREEEE AVA IS HERE AVA IS HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can you tell I'm excited!? :)

Don't get me wrong, Scott's an amazing friend and my other LA friends are great too, but Ava is THE BESTEST of BESTIES. She knows all (most) of my secrets and still puts up with me. Plus, she'll always tell it like it is, even if it's not what I want to hear. That's how you know it's TRUE friendship <3

She's been here a week and a half and I've decided she's never ever ever allowed to leave me again... EVER.

She's been helping me organize everything I have to start packing. I didn't decide on a place yet, but there are some good prospects and I know I've gotta be close to narrowing it down.

Scott's still insisting I move in with him, but it just... cannot happen. I love the guy, but no.

*Sigh*

Anyway, so Ava has been a pretty amazing distraction from my Scott obsession, just as I knew she would be. It doesn't hurt that she declared that her visit would be a Scott free affair and she laid down the LAW. No fic (reading OR writing), no social media (no writing for fan accounts OR checking Scott's for updates), no texting him, no calling him, no seeing him. None.

She even went as far as changing all the passwords to all of my accounts and is holding them hostage until she leaves. When I say she means business She.Means.BUSINESS.

Of course, Scott didn't seem to understand my 'going dark for two weeks' request and he's still texted and called a jillion times. He even showed up at my door last night with bags of chinese takeout and his perfect big blue puppy dog eyes and even AVA couldn't send him away and she caved like a wet paper towel. Stupid inner fangirls make saying no hard. So we all had dinner and drank wine and played video games. It was fun. Now I'm back to my strict no Scott crash diet. So what if I cheated a little... still counts, right?

Despite the lack of Scott in my life, Ava and I have had SO much fun. We've gone to the beach, danced around like idiots, eaten at ALL of my favorite spots, gotten SO wasted in sooo many places, hit up a few bars and clubs, and MY fav... done lots and lots of SHOPPING! 

This morning we checked out two new houses that my realtor wanted to show me. They were nice and def in my price range, but it seemed like so much space for just me. Especially since I'm rarely even around to enjoy it. Maybe I'm just being extra picky. 

 Is it possible to be too picky about buying a HOUSE? Nah.

Anyway, Ava is leaving tomorrow night (SADDEST DAY EVER) so we're having dinner at a really good Mexican restaurant (her fav :) ) and as we're finishing up our food I keep noticing her staring. I've known her long enough to know when she has something to say. 

I'd bet good money that it has to do with Scott and honestly I'm not really sure I'm ready to hear it. So, in mature fashion, I keep shoving food in my mouth to avoid it, but I can't hold her off forever. 

Maybe I can text Scott and see if he'll show up. I bet he'll disrupt the entire restaurant, and certainly Ava, but no. It's time to put my big boy pants on and deal with my issues head on. Besides, we're in public... how bad can it get?

"Alright, spit it out. I know you've got something you wanna say."

She pokes at a piece of chicken with her fork and stares at me like she's trying to figure out how to even begin.

"You know I love you."

"Oh no." I'm soooo not going to like this am I.

"When are you gonna tell him?"