12. Will Power

It's been a fun day. Scott invited me and Alex and the jock squad (AKA Justin, Chris & Hayden) over for a cookout & pool party. Jake showed up for a little while and Jess & Megg were here for dinner, but now I'm alone with 5 gorgeous, fit men and I feel so incredibly out of place. I know I shouldn't, they're my friends too so I shouldn't feel strange, but I can't help it. I should really go home, I'm totally sunburnt and definitely a prune by now, but he keeps begging me not to go... and you know me... glutton for punishment.

It's nice though, sitting by the firepit and drinking wine under the stars while the boys splash around in the pool like children.

Ok, I'll admit I'm a little off lately. Things are just different I guess. I mean I've been Scott's assistant going on 4 years now and it's the same cycle it's always been. Scott records we do promo he goes on tour he comes home and records again. I don't know why I feel so ... off lately. Maybe it's because I let two weeks go by without seeing Scott. He didn't even notice. He and Alex have been doing everything together and while the snaps and instas and tweets are literally so adorable I want to hug them both, something still feels wrong. I know it's nothing Scott is doing, but it's something I have to figure out how to deal with.  Even today they've been huddling together and whispering like children on a playground who have a secret no one else can know. 

Yes, yes I know I'm jealous. Jealousy is like my specialty. I pretty much accepted the full time jealousy gig when I accepted my position with Scott.  Still - the tables have suddenly turned and  I'm starting to realize why people always think me and Scott are dating... because he treats Alex the same way. They've been sharing clothes, hugging, cuddling, spending every waking hour together... I know they aren't a thing, but it still makes me jealous and I don't know how to stop it.

Well, I do... and my solution is coming soon, I still have to wait for Ava's schedule to clear before she flies out to save me from myself.

LONGEST.WAIT.EVER

"Mitchy?"

I look over at him with a lazy smile. He's holding himself up at the side of the pool and he looks absolutely glorious. Justin pegs him in the back of the head with a beachball and he takes a moment to throw it back and send a retaliatory splash his way. He shakes his head with a loud laugh as he turns back to me.

"Mitccchhh."

"Scccootttt."

"I need another drink." He holds up an empty beer bottle and shakes it a little.

Seriously?

"Are you kidding me right now? What do I look like... your slave!?"

"Not my slave, my personal assistant." He grins and I can tell he's getting fuzzy. He's really lucky I love him or I'd shove that bottle down his throat.

"Off duty, babe." Damnit. He puts on a superfrown and I can't help but laugh. Jeezus he's got me wrapped around his finger. This is worse than I thought. I'm honestly in way too deep (I can hear you giggling from here, perv :-P )

"Pleeeeeeeaaasssseee? I'll love you forever and ever?"

I roll my eyes and set down my glass of wine. That's it. I resolve this is my last glass then I'm leaving. Scott or no Scott.

I retrieve the drink from the cooler but pause when I hear a loud smack. By the time I look back over my shoulder Alex is giving Scott a stern look and Scott is rubbing his arm with a pretty pout. I don't know what they're arguing about but I'm pretty sure I don't want to. *sigh*