I bit my lower lip and felt my heart drop. She went through so much yet she's still here in front of me. "Unnie I'm afraid of failing, as time passes I keep messing up and everything falls. I know I'm running out of time and I'm insecure once again. I know there's a chance I won't have a future with Jungkook but I need to prove to myself that I don't need Jungkook to survive. He doesn't own my life and I want to make my own decisions." My throat turned dry as I didn't know what else to say.

Being with Jungkook makes me happy but he's not my life. I need to learn that; I am my own person. Yeri did not steal Jungkook away from me and I was being unreasonable.

He made his choice to be with her and if anything I stole him away. My decisions up to now have all been selfish.

Taehee chuckled and rested her head on her hands. "Now tell me Minji, what do you aspire to be? What is your future without thinking about Jungkook?"

___________________________

I threw my bag on my bed and let my hair fall loose. Each strand had soft curls on the bottom from my braid last night.

There wasn't much time before I graduated. I had gotten into Yonsei university, a prestigious university, but I was still unsure of my courses. The whole sheet was blank at the moment, other than my name and current school. I had gotten in solely depending on my academic skills. However the deadline for applying for courses was coming and I had yet to fill anything in.

My room was blank, it was almost as clean as a new canvas. Except deep below my walls were memories that I wished would stayed buried.

"Yonsei University huh?"

I snapped my head to my doorway, instinctively clutching onto the closest thing that could be used as a weapon which ironically was a lamp.

When I had realised who it was, I sighed deeply. "J-Hope oppa, Jun" I breathed out.

J-Hope grinned and sat crossed leg on my floor while Jun awkwardly stood up, looking at everything but me. "What are you both doing here? Better yet why are you two together?" I questioned, staring at the odd pair with a curious expression.

Laughing, J-Hope pointed at Jun. "He was walking around in circles in front of your house, trying to knock —"

Before he could reveal anymore, Jun covered his mouth. "Hyung you said you wouldn't tell her — wait hyung don't lick my hand! Hyung! Stop!" While the two were somewhat fighting in my room, I left the room to take a call.

My heart settled when I saw the name flashing on my phone, "hey Jungkook. What's wrong?" I could hear him chuckling from the other end and my mind could nearly see him running his fingers through his head as he held the phone in his other hand.

"There's nothing wrong. I just wanted to hear your voice." He admitted, shamelessly.

I giggled, "you're such a flirt. Now honestly what did you actually call me for?" Jungkook laughed for a brief moment before getting strangely quiet.

"Are you attending the formal dance?"

"I am. Why?"

At this moment, I could feel my palms getting hotter as the sound of my heartbeat quickened its pace. He was taking far too long to respond and I wondered what he was going to ask me.

Jungkook stayed silent for another few seconds, "I have my answer to your confession."

Everything around me paused and I was thinking of all the possible answers that he could have for me.

My Little Secret | BTS FANFICTIONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें