We All Fall Down P3

Their hands were restrained tighter than metal being molted. At least, that's what it felt like to Sean as he began to tremble. His sky blue eyes danced around wildly, paler than ever with the fear and knowledge that this time he will die. It's inevitable.

Mark seemed a little more calmer. But that was just on the outside. On the inside. He was a child again. Six years old, wishing that he could cling to his Mother's leg and cheer her on as she fought off the monsters under his bed. Inside he wasn't tearing apart. He was already broken. He just knew how to put on a brave face.

"Sean Mcloughling." The Irish sergeant exclaimed. "You are hereby sentenced to court martial: death. For the crimes of treason: conspiring with the enemy. And desertion. Your Ma' should be ashamed of you. Do you have any last words?"

Sean mumbled something, but nobody could make it out.

"Speak up!"

"I said my Ma' will be proud of me! She'll be proud that I didn't shed any blood. She'll be proud that I didn't kill anyone. And she'll be proud that I'm I'm going down for what I believe in."

"Very well. If it makes your trip to Hell any easier."

"Mark Fischbach!" The Korean sergeant shouted. "You are hereby sentenced to court martial: death. For the crimes of treason: conspiring with the enemy. And desertion. I pray that when you see your Father, he shows mercy. Any last words?"

"My Dad loves me. And he's proud of me. I know that I...I have to believe that. Maybe he died fighting for the country. But he knows that I'll die for something worth dying for. This war was a mistake."

"Good luck Fischbach."

"READY!!"

"Mark, I'm scared."

"Don't be, just look what we've done."

"What, run away and got ourselves killed?"

"No, we've brought them together. Look at them."

It was true. Both sides were mingling together to watch. It was gruesome and insane, but they were joined as one. In this moment, Sean could hardly tell the difference between them. They were all Human. At last. They were all actually acting like they were Human.

"AIM!!"

"You're right. I mean, we did this, right? It may have taken our deaths, but we've brought them together. They're one now. How they should be."

"Sean. Your Mother will be proud of you. I promise."

"I know. T'ankya' Mark. This could have been a lonely war. And a terrifying one. But with you by my side. And knowing what we worked together to achieve. It's not so scary anymore. And I'm not so afraid."

"That's good Sean. That's good."

"FIRE!!"