Cats and Dogs

"Jack, can we get a dog?" Mark asked his Husband who sat next to him on the couch.

Jack stiffened up.

"W...what?" He stuttered.

"I was wondering if we could get a dog. So that when one of us is out, we'll still have some company. And of course it'll liven the place up a bit. Put a bit of challenge in to the reality part of our lives. So, can we?"

"I...Mark, listen. I'm, not too fond of dogs. I like them, I really do, I'm not scared of them or anything but...I'm a cat person."

Mark blanked him.

"A cat person? Really?"

"Well yeah. I mean I know they're not that active. But their silent, don't cause much trouble, they don't constantly need attention. And I know I'm the loudest out of us both, but when I'm nice and relaxed, a cat is the animal for me."

"So, you don't want a dog? But you want a cat?"

"Well, if you want, we could get one of each. We can train them to get along and then we both get our ideal pet."

"Really!?"

"Sure."

"Oh, I love you, I love you, I love you!!!" Mark exclaimed, crashing into Jack and pecking all over his face.

*Tiny Box Tim and Septic Eye Sam grant you a time skip to the animal shelter*

"Okay, now just sign their names and they're all yours." The receptionist said as she handed over the adoption forms.

Mark had adopted an adorable female German Shepherd puppy that was more black than brown. And her chocolate brown eyes matched Mark's.

"Fran Bow." Mark wrote down.

"Really?" Jack asked.

"Yup. That kid had a crazy life, and my Fran is gonna have one too. Only, it'll be my version of crazy for her."

"Okay then."

Jack had adopted a white, black, brown and ginger tortoise-shell, middle-aged tomcat with one amber eye and the other missing.

"Billy." He wrote down.

"Wow, that cat just defines you."

"Yup!! And now every time he does something bad, which probably won't be often, I can shout SCREW YOU BILLY!!" Which then made all of the animals in the shelter start barking, meowing and squawking.

Jack smiled nervously as he held Billy close. Mark put the papers in his pocket and grabbed Fran Bow's lead. With his other arm he grabbed Jack's jacket and dragged him home. And it was only a few hours before both of the pets had them screaming.

"SCREW YOU BILLY/FRAN BOW!!!"