Chapter 4

(Benny's  P.O.V)

"...And she kissed me back."

Everyone's eyes lit up. They were all in shock about what happened earlier today. I called an emergency meeting at the treehouse without any of the girls.

"Whoa, a girl actually kissed you? And not just any girl... it was Megan The hottest girl in our grade." Ham said.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't really like that they talk about Megan like that. It always bothered me but it bothers me a bit more now that I think we're a little bit more than friends.

"What are you going to do now?" asked Kenny

"See what happens. She said she'll see me tomorrow. If she wants to talk to me she can, if she wants to ignore me... I guess that's is ok too." I say suddenly realizing she could've just said that to me just to make the moment less awkward than it was. She might just completely cut me off and pretend I don't exist.

"No! If you like her you have to make a move. How else are you going to get the girl?" Squints practically yelled.

"Ok, what am I supposed to do?"

"Maybe you can take her out tomorrow. Like to the movies." Kenny suggested.

"That's a good idea. I'll do it." I say aloud reassuring, mostly myself, that I'm going to try and make a move.

Soon we all went to sleep and I had a dream with Megan in it. We were running around the Yankee's stadium and I was trying to catch her, but every time I got a hold of her she eventually became further... Just like real life.

**

I took one last look at myself in the mirror. I put on my best jeans and a dress shirt, I wanted to look like a gentleman while taking Megan out to the movies. I hurried to her house so I can ask her out. once I knocked on the door her mother opened it and smiled. "Hey Benny, Meg's is in her room. Do you want me to get her for you?"

"Yes Ma'am, that'll be great, thank you." I smiled out.

She hurried off leaving me alone at the porch, I looked around real quick until I realized I didn't bring flowers or chocolates. Damn she's not going to take me serious. Megan soon came out the door, she looked stunning. She was wearing a white oversized shirt, black shorts, and white all stars. I also noticed she was wearing a different perfume than her usual. It smelled great, I always enjoyed the way she smelled but for some reason she changed up today. The scent was super strong, seemingly she just sprayed some on.

"Hey Benny" she said shyly.

"Megan do - do you wanna go to get a slice of pizza and then see a  movie?" I wince out.

She smiled a soft yet warm smile. "That sounds great."

She seemed really excited, before closing the door behind her she yelled inside the house "Mom, I'm heading out. I'll be back soon"

We began to walk to the pizza parlor down the street. I couldn't help but bring up the kiss.

"So... I am sorry about kissing you. I really like you Megan. And I wasn't sure if you liked me back but reacted without thinking and..." She cut me off by kissing me again. It was little passionate but yet innocent. I put my hand around her waist and she put her hands around my neck. I pulled back and smiled.

"Benny you don't have to apologize. I already told you yesterday. I'm okay with it."

Once she said that my heart pumped out of my chest. Soon we continued our walk to the pizza parlor, and once we got there I ordered two pieces of pizza. when it came time to pay I watched Megan reach into her pocket trying to pull out money. Before she fully took out the money I rapidly pulled mine out placing it on the counter beating her to it.

"I'll pay."

she softly smiles and put the money back in her pockets. She stared up at me with her beautiful brown orbs, she truly seemed happy. Which made me feel giddy inside.

Soon the pizza was ready and we started to eat. While we were eating Megan kept going on about being excited to watch a movie, she really wanted to see Bird of Youth. Which I didn't mind at all what we saw. As long as we were together I didn't mind what we were doing.

After pizza we went straight to the movie, Megan insisted paying for the tickets since I paid for the pizza. I tried fighting her on it but she won the argument the second she planted a soft kiss on my cheek. After the kiss she pulled her money out and paid for the both of us, still leaving me in shock that she was able to shut me up just by planting a small kiss on me.

"I'm not gonna let a guy pay for me all the time." She told me as she handed me the tickets, "I thought you knew I wasn't like most girls."

If you asked me what happened in the movie I wouldn't be able to tell you. Megan was trying to pay attention but I couldn't help tickle her when she least expected it, or make a random joke about what was happening on screen. The two of us, mostly I, were distracting that audience around us. They were becoming mildly impatient with us that they sent a employee to warn us about the ruckus we were making and that if they have to talk to us again they'll force us to leave.

Meg realized she didn't want to watch the movie anymore and just wanted to head home and goof off the way home. I agreed And decided to walk her back home and before she walked in her house she turned around and softly kissed me. when she pulled back she smiles and walked in her house, leaving me there speechless. I continue to walk up the street to my house without Megan leaving my mind. I left this little date of ours feeling great about myself and how the day went.

Megan's (P.O.V)

"Rachel we went on a real date." She whispered aggressively through the telephone. Once she arrived home she decided to tell Rachel everything. She felt bad for leaving her in the dark for the past couple of days.

"Really? How was it" she replied sounding really excited. "Are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend yet"

"No I don't think we are." She whispered back as she whipped her head around checking to see if her mom was eavesdropping. Thankfully she wasn't. "But the date went really well. I really really like him." She smiled to herself. Benny is the first guy she ever had feelings for. "I hope it works out fine."

"I hope so too. Just know that Philips is always all over you during school, and once he finds out you have a thing with Benny he'll never let it go."

"We'll he doesn't have know anything."

"Meg I gotta go, my parents are expecting me to be in bed soon. See you at school tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." I replied, I wanted to stay on a little longer but I completely understand. I reluctantly hung up.

It was time for me to go to bed as well, and with that I threw in the towel and went to bed.