Chapter Thirteen

"Legna, come on babe. Get up."

I glared up at Camdyn and stood, brushing off my butt. "Well, maybe if you didn't scare me, I wouldn't have lost balance and fallen!"

"You must always be prepared for anything in battle. Now, give me ten laps around the territory. And no werewolf or vampire help."

I scowled and took off running. My oh so lovely mate had woken me up at five to get me training. It was nearing noon now and I was ready to knock him out so that I could go get some food. My feet pounded on the ground as I ran the ten laps. Camdyn was leaning against a tree as I ran past him the final time and collapsed on the ground.

"Okay, now you're going to-"

"Eat! And don't you dare try to stop me! This is torture and if it doesn't stop soon, you'll find yourself in the hospital, Mister!"

Camdyn growled lowly and stalked forward. "Is that a challenge."

"You bet it is." I shot to my feet and leaned against a tree. "Too bad you can't fight me, cause I'd get hurt. And we all know that one can't hurt his or her mate."

"That doesn't mean you're going unpunished. I am your Alpha, and your mate! You will respect me!"

I gave him an incredilous look and then turned my back on him and walked off towards the house. The feral growl behind me reminded me that to turn your back on an Alpha is a serious act of disrespect. I cursed under my breath and turned back to face him, holding my hands up.

He was in front of me in a second and grabbed onto my ponytail, yanking my head back and his teeth repunctured his mark. I gasped and fell against him, clutching his shirt to try and keep me upright on my feet.

"You will learn your place, Legna. You may be my mate, but until the bond is complete, you are just another ordinary wolf in the pack. Do I make myself clear?"

I weakly nodded. With a low growl, he pried my hands off of him and stormed towards the house. My legs crumpled and I sank into the grass. I gently raised one of my hands to his mark, wincing when my fingertips brushed over the wounds. There was something warm surrounding it and I pulled my hand back to see blood smeared over my fingers.

"That fu-"

"Mommy!"

"-dge covered walnut!" I amended my words as I saw and heard Hunter running up to me. There was no way that I'd be the one to teach him foul language. I'll save that for my stupid mate.

"Mommy! Guess-" He stopped right in front of me and frowned down at my neck. "What's wrong, mommy?"

"Nothing's wrong. Don't worry about me, okay?"

He nodded but his eyes were darkening as he stared at the blood. I stood and picked him up, settling him on my hip, one hand clamped over the healing mark. Hunter's body started shaking and I stopped walking, looking down at him.

"Hey, buddy, it's okay. I'm not that-" My words cut off and I felt like face-palming. He was half vampire, of course he'd react to blood. "Hunter, listen to me. I get what you're going through, but just ignore the blood, okay? Just focus on my face. That's it. See, you're okay."

He had torn his dark blue eyes off of my mark and looked into my eyes. As he calmed down, his eyes lightened back to his normal icy blue color. I felt the mark heal completely and I wiped away all the blood, wiping my hand on my thigh. I was going to shower anyways, so it wouldn't stay for long.

"Now, what were you going to tell me?"

His face brightened and he grinned widely at me. "Guess what Uncle Leb said!"