Chapter Eight

Just as Camdyn reached the bed, the door flew open and my brother rushed in along with three other guys. They slammed him against the wall, held him down, then dragged him kicking and.. well, growling... out of my room.

I sat up and ran a hand over my face. That was close. Honestly, I didn't want to have sex with him, but my hormones were raging and convincing me that I should, thanks to my heat. There was a soft knock at the door and I turned to see Serendipity.

"Hey Luna."

"Not funny. The Alpha was just dragged out of here while his wolf had control."

"Ooh, what'd you do?"

I huffed and crossed my arms. "Go into heat. And I may or may not have disrespected him in his eyes."

"You're wondering why he got mad?"

"No, that part's easy. I'm just saying that we both know I can't become Luna until Camdyn and I complete the bond, and calling me Luna isn't funny after what happened."

"I'm not following. How's that a problem?"

"Hmm, well, let's see. I'm in heat so his control on his wolf is already iffy, then he loses power over his wolf and it came surging forward. Now, a pissed-off wolf who's mate is in heat is scary. Imagine when he's standing right in front of his mate."

"Oh."

"Yeah, now you know the problem."

She sauntered over to me and threw herself down next to me on the bed. "Let's get outta here! I'm bored!"

I laughed and shook my head. "You're always bored. Besides, I can't go out yet. Still in heat over here, remember?"

"Boo, you're boring. What's life without a little risk?"

"Death."

"Exactly! Wait, were you mocking me?"

"Mocking you? Never!"

"Uh-huh. Right. Well, fine then. I'll go shopping and you can stay here on lockdown by your own decision. Speak now or miss your chance."

I bit my lip and thought it over. Would it really be so bad to go to a place that was overflowing with humans? It's not like they'd be able to sense the heat so I wouldn't be attacked by some hormonal teenage boys set on having sex like werewolves would. Serendipity pouted at me and I sighed, giving in.

"Okay, I'll go." I was interrupted by her squealing and happy dance. "BUT! You have to help me get past the other unmated males in this house."

"That's easy. They're all out back hanging in the pool. We can just sneak out the front, now let's get going!"

I smiled and followed her out of the room, both of us sneaking down the hall, pressed against the walls and jumping from shadow to shadow. She pushed me behind her as we came to an alcove. Three patrol guys walked past and one stopped, sniffing the air, then looking around excitedly. We held still and sighed when he followed our scents, or more likely my scent, back to my room.

"Ready ninja princess?"

"Princess? Aw, hell no! I'm the Queen!"

"Let's see, Ninja Queen Legna, or Ninja Queen Serendipity? Ninja Queen Serendipity sounds cooler, therefore I am Queen."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Let's go ask our Alpha."

"No way! He'll side with you!"

I grinned. "So?"

"Ugh, never mind. Let's just go."

"We both can be queens, just from different kingdoms."

"Seriously Legna? You're still on that?"