Ribbons and Knives

Começar do início

He reached out his hand and patted Froggit on the head. "Aw, you're cute." The Froggit stared at him with a puzzled look as it blushed.

*Froggit doesn't understand what you're saying but was flattered anyway.*

Steven giggled at the response. "Neato!"

The Froggit bobbed its head from side to side. "Ribbit, ribbit. Excuse me humans." He crooked again. "I have some advice for you about battling monsters."

"If you ACT a certain way or FIGHT until you almost defeated them, they might not want to battle you anymore."

"If a monster doesn't wants to fight you, please...." It's eyes shifted to a more pleading gaze. "Use some MERCY humans. Ribbit, ribbit."

Peridot gave thanks to the Froggit for this new found knowledge while Steven waved goodbye as they continued on.

They approached the yellow star. Steven was about to touch it but Peridot stopped him. "Hold on Steven, let me do it. I wish to know what was that you felt previously."

Steven gave an thumbs up as he backed away and let Peridot take the lead. She extended her arm and lightly placed her fingers on the star.

Playfully crinkling through the leaves fills you with determination.

Once again, the same swirl of warmth surrounded Peridot. She stumbled a few steps back. "That...was strange." She blinked a few times. "Yet..." She readjusted her visors. "Exhilarating."

But this time, there was something more. She was given the choice of 'Save' and 'Go Back'. Raising an eyebrow of confusion, she turned to Steven. He couldn't help but felt the same way. "This is really starting to feel like a video game." He pointed at 'Save'. "Let's choose Save. Just to be save." He winked. Peridot groaned as she selected the option.

After that, they decided to enter the area on the left. They found a bowl of candy placed on top of a column with two flowing streams of water at their sides. Steven took a candy for each of them and placed the treats in his backpack.

They left the room and continued the way down. They were just about to enter the next chamber when their surroundings turned black. A creature that resembled a ragged sheet with antennas and and a pair of fairy-like wings fluttered close. It held a rather droopy expression. It looked scared and anxious.

The buttons popped out again as the battle screen engaged. Just like before, Steven decided to press 'Act'. He chose to 'console' the monster whose name appeared to be Whimsun.

"Hey there Whimsun, are you o-"

*Halfway through your words, Whimsun burst into tears and ran away.*

The fight screen dispersed and the colors around the room returned.

Steven stood on his ground with his mouth agape. He turned to Peridot. "Did I...hurt his feelings...?" He asked meekly.

Peridot just gave a shrug. "I believe it was already too emotionally depressed." She turned towards the path ahead. "Let's continue."

Along the way, the duo encountered a number of puzzles. From moving rocks to falling platforms, Peridot practically aced them all. Even though she almost lost her patience with the particular talking rock that was unwilling to be pushed and needed Steven's touch in persuading to step in in order to prevent any arguments, you could say that she was genuinely enjoying herself.

They were stopped by a couple of Froggits and Whimsuns along with some new monsters named Moldsmal and Loox.

They also discovered another 'Save Point' next to a mouse hole and a table with a piece of cheese. Steven thought about giving the piece of cheese to the mouse but apparently, it was stuck onto the table. Peridot rolled her eyes and carried on to make their 'Save' at the floating star.