Chapter 13 - Like sitting on a carpet of needles

I have nothing to say. Hope the next one is coming soon~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 13 - Like sitting on a carpet of needles

These past few days, what should be 7 to 8 hours of school have turned into a gruesome, what feels like years for poor Yume.

With her official acceptance to the Student Council, thus dealing with the two people she wishes to avoid, and now they even have to intrude on her time of peace with Momoi, and not necessarily, Aomine.

Call it an omen, but Yume feels like today won't be last time she's eating lunch with those boys on the rooftop.

Anyway, thanks God they're not here. Akashi, Midorima and Murasakibara obviously went on their own ways home, while Aomine ran somewhere else, saying something about a photo-book release and the special-thrilling bonus for the first 100 buyers.

Thus leaving Yume to walk with Momoi, just the two of them. As they walk, Yume glances at Momoi every 5 seconds, hesitating to ask her question.

"Uh.. Sat-chan?" Yume began hesitantly, earning a soft hum from the pinkette. She fiddled with her fingers for a while, averting her gaze left and right. "...Do you... Do you know Miyazawa Ayumi?" the snowball has rolled.

"Miyazawa Ayumi?" Momoi parroted with a confused expression, pursing her lips. "I don't actually know much besides her general data." she admitted.

Yume inclines her head, silently urging her friend to continue, so Momoi ransacked her brains for said datas.

"Let's see.." Momoi hummed, pulling out her stored memories. If she is to define Miyazawa Ayumi, perhaps it would be better to explain the Club she is associated first.

"You might have known, Yuu-chan. But Teikō's Choir Club hasn't been the best one with considerable achievements that fits Teikō's standard." Momoi shortened her strides to prolong the walking time to home. She frowned slightly. "In other words, it was on verge of demolition due to underachievement."

'was?' Yume mentally noted the use of past tense in Momoi's explanation. From the previous budget proposal, Yume has known the fact the Choir Club isn't a good one in what they do. Although she didn't know of any disbandment.

"I said was, because this year, a first year musical-prodigy transferred to Teikō, and she has many musical rewards lined up under her name." Momoi turned at Yume, her lips in a straight line. "That's Miyazawa Ayumi."

Okay. Let's say that Miyazawa Ayumi is a prodigy that saves Teikō's Choir Club from disbanding, what does any of that got to do with Yume?

"With her talent no one can equal, Miyazawa Ayumi was immediately appointed as the Club President, a position recognised to be given to the person with the best musical talent." Momoi continued with her explanation, her gaze on the road as Yume tried to relate the informations to Akashi's warning.

"I heard that she sings well, comes from a relatively good family, and her achievements are quite amazing for her age. She is not bad looking either." Momoi listed Miyazawa Ayumi's strengths. Then her brows furrowed. "...Although, some of the rumours about her hasn't been good." her tone fell, earning a questioning look from Yume.