Chapter 42 - Catches more flies with honey

So it has been way over the promised time, but here I am nonetheless. My break has just started, so I have much free time on hands to type more and more stories to come! I have sooo many ideas and yet sooo much laziness to actually start typing. For now, I hope this two-chapters-length chapter will satisfy all of you!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 42 - Catches more flies with honey

With the conclusion of the Preliminaries for the Junior High Basketball National Tournament with Teikō as the top victor representing Tokyo, more spotlights are shining on the extraordinary freshmen who greatly contributes to the win. And along with it, Summer Vacation comes, leaving the school mostly empty, save for those poor students needing to go to Summer School due to their inadequate grades.

Back to our protagonist though, Yume is currently doing a last-check over her suitcase to bring home to Kyoto for the rest of the summer, yet the brunette is now feeling hesitant in returning to her hometown. Not because she doesn't miss her grandparents, but because she fears meeting the rambunctious group who will visit the place she calls home, bringing with them their brand of rowdiness.

Then again, the boys are visiting Kyoto for the basketball club's summer camp, it's not like they will go out of their way to meet her and neither will she. Which means Yume is sure to have an enjoyable summer vacation far from the chaos the boys are sure to bring with them, right?

And while the boys would be occupied, Momoi may be able to spare a moment or two. The brunette wants her grandparents to meet the girl that is her bestfriend. They have been worried since she has never brought a friend home since despite having friends back in Kyoto, she feels like they weren't close enough to warrant a house visit. But the basketball manager is different.

Yume sincerely wishes to introduce Momoi to her grandparents, to let them know of this warm, bubbly girl that befriends her, to show them she isn't alone in Tokyo, to ensure them she is happy in Teikō (arguable, but they don't need to know that). The brunette has yet to ask her bestfriend if she wants to visit her home and as it is very early in the morning, she resolves to give the girl a call after she has arrived at her grandparents' house.

For now, the brunette has to depart to the airport for her flight to Kyoto. Although...

"...It sure is cold this morning," the brunette can't help the shivers seeping into her skin that she hugs herself for a brief moment. She can feel the cold even in her bones, especially the area around her back, crawling up her spine. Almost like a bad premonition.

Yume shakes off her thoughts. She thinks too much, surely that's the reason why she is fidgety. Missing her grandparents is another reason too. And the morning is just cold. One heat pack can easily solve that problem. Deciding that to be the case, the brunette left her apartment with her suitcase in tow, refreshed and excited. Her steps are light, almost skipping, as if she has let go a very enormous burden.

Leaving Tokyo means leaving behind everything else related to it. Everything. And no, she isn't thinking of a particular rambunctious group with colourful hairs, not at all.

Boarding the bus easily, the brunette sets out for the airport. As morning is in fact the busiest time of the day as everyone is getting to work or going somewhere to begin their activities for the day, everywhere she goes is filled with people. The bus is so—she ends up standing, her suitcase nearby—and the airport is even more so. And where the masses are present, so are the noises.