Chapter 8 - To go in the right ear and out the left

Here is today's update, as promised, the Chapter 8 of Dreams of Life~ I sincerely wish the next update won't be so far away.. Tomorrow will be a Rainbow Drops update~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 8 - To go in the right ear and out the left

One should have face their fears head on to conquer them, but it should be done when one is truly ready.

Yume can feel Momoi's strength pulling her away from her comfort zone and towards the war zone where noisy crowds and 'Dai-chan' are.

She tried to resist, but Momoi is unstoppable when she's excited. It seems that the muscles Yume built from various part-time works can't rival those of Momoi's from being the Basketball Club's manager.

What works did Momoi does exactly? Is being a manager in the Boy's Basketball Club requires that much muscle strengths?

Yume can feel her heart thumping irregularly from the anxieties. She is feeling even more anxious than when she's readying for her presentation before.

It seems fate is really against Yume these days.

The tanned teen in question is in sight, a couple feets away, leaning against the chair as he yawned lazily. He never likes this kind of boring, yawn-inducing, kind of gathering.

If only his homeroom teacher, Takeda-sensei, didn't drag him forcefully. He could still feel his ear throbbing with pains. He couldn't understand why he's required to attend this gathering when he have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Except the voting that is.

Momoi is joyful as she crept to her childhood friend. She would have yelled, but there're too many people, so she obviously can't. Momoi had save a seat next to her for Yume.

When Momoi is near the boy's hearing range, she whispered. "Dai-chan..!"

Said boy perked up and whirled to her direction with an inquisitive look.

Yume gulped, fearing for interactions to come. Why can't just Heaven left her be? Hasn't she done enough by submitting to the Student Council?

Momoi opened her mouth to speak. "Th—"

*BZING.......!*

The microphones made a loud buzzing sound, making the attendants cringe.

"Uh. Eh–em. We apologise for the earlier mishap. The presentation will now continue. Please welcome, Honoka Mayuko."

Welcoming claps followed soon after as a tall girl walked to the stage. This put a halt to Momoi's much awaited introduction, to her dismay.

On the contrary, Yume could thankfully sighed in relief. For now, she won't have to worry about confronting this 'Dai-chan'.

Momoi and Yume sat down on their respective seats, with Yume next to Momoi, who sat next to 'Dai-chan'. They are now watching the presentation from the rest of the candidates.