Kiss It All Better

Kiss It All Better

Chapter Ten

"Are you ready?" Ricky asked, squeezing my hand for reassurance.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

We stood in front of the court building. I shaking from fright, I had to see Liam, talk about what he did to me, explain how I got here.

"It'll be okay, you just have to get through today and put him where he belongs," he told me as we walked up the steps.

I was dressed nice, black pencil skirt, white button up blouse, an black heels. My hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail.

"I'm scared," I whispered, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Don't worry, I'm right here," he promised.

We made our way into the building. It was cold and I instantly began shivering.

"Come here," Ricky said holding out his arm. I walked to him and he put his arm around me, pulling me close.

I could smell his deodorant, and man, did he smell good.

"Miss Blake?" A man in a suit came up to me and Ricky.

"Yes?" I said smiling the best I could.

"Hi, I'm Mr. Biggs, your lawyer," he said extending his hand.

I took it. "Nice to meet you, sir," I said looking down at me feet.

"Pikachu, calm down, he's not going to hurt you," Ricky whispered in my ear.

My hand found its way down to his and I interlaced out fingers.

"If you'll follow me, we will just make our way into the court room," he said looking down at mine and Ricky's hand. "There is just one problem."

"That would be what?" I asked giving him a slight glare.

"He can't sit next to you," he said looking at Ricky.

"Why not?" My voice grew louder and harder.

"He is not part of the case, he may speak, but he is not aloud to sit next to us. He is aloud to sit in court, though," he said sounding legal.

"Fine," I mumbled.

"Shall we?" He said gesturing towards two large oak doors.

We followed him into the court room, my hand never leaving Ricky's.

"You'll do fine," Ricky said stopping me in my tracks.

"You better me right," I replied.

He kissed my forehead. "Go get them Pikachu."

I smiled lightly. "Will do, Horror."

*****

"Miss Blake could you please tell me what exactly happened with you and Mr. Taylor?" Liam's lawyer asked while I sat in the stand, shaking from fear.

"Well starting around the age of five my mother left, and a few years later she passed away. My father would beat her, when she left, he began doing the same to me, I was about nine when the abuse began," I started to tell my back story. "When I was fifteen, things got worse, the beatings got worse. They were so bad I ended up doing this," I said pulling up my shirt sleeve and showing the judge my wrist. She put a hand over her mouth and gasped.

"Everything stopped when I was eighteen. My father died, drug overdose," I continued. "Everything was fine, and then I met Liam, everything became perfect. Then after about a month of dating, I moved into his house, having nowhere else to go because I couldn't hold down a job. A little whole after that, he too, became abusive. He would beat me, gave me a scar on my leg. I had been "sober" for a year, but I began self harm again."