Kiss It All Better

Kiss It All Better

Chapter Five

"Woah, look at you! Ricky's breaking you in, huh?" Ryan said excitedly when he saw my new piercings.

"Thanks, but technically I've been broken in. I have a tattoo," I told him.

"Woah, really?"

"Yeah."

"What is it of?"

"None of your business!"

"Meanie!"

"Too bad."

He stuck his tongue out at me, so I did the same to him.

"So you seem extra happy today," he said smiling. "Why?"

"I got new piercings this morning," I told him.

"You can't fool me, really why?"

"Well, last night I sorta had a nightmare, and I couldn't sleep, so I went to tell Ricky and he let me sleep with him," I said fast hoping that Ryan caught none of that.

"He what? Wait, you actually woke him up, and he didn't kill you?! You must be something special to him."

"I'm nothing special, just another broken girl that is broken beyond repair," I told him looking at my feet.

"Ricky doesn't think that," he said.

"How do you know that?"

"I've been around him for years now. He knows you're broken, yes, but he believes he can fix you. He'll do anything to fix you." I honestly couldn't help but smile.

"Really?"

"Most definitely."

I smiled again. Ricky went out to go by groceries so we can eat this week. He asked if I wanted to go with him, but I turned down his offer because I wanted to hang out with Ryan instead. He seemed slightly jealous when Ryan showed up at the door, but I gave him a hug before he left.

"So, we're all having dinner at Chris's tonight to celebrate Halloween, would you like to come?" Ryan randomly asked.

"Oh, I don't know. I feel like I would be interfering with the band and everything," I said picking at my fingernail nervously.

"Oh, no! The guys absolutely love you! They actually asked me to invite you," he said smiling at me.

"Alright, I'll go."

*****

"Are you ready?" Ricky called.

"Yeah, just one minute!" I yelled back at him.

I grabbed my wrap and rewrapped it making sure that it was nice and tight. It happened again. When Ryan left I decided to take a nap and had another nightmare. Ricky wasn't here, so I cut my wrist again.

"What are you doing in here?" He said barging into the bathroom. Blood was still in the sink and some was on the floor. "Spencer, what happened?"

"Nothing, Ricky," I said pushing past him.

"No, please tell me," he begged grabbing my hands.

"I had another nightmare," I said.

"Why didn't you come to me?"

"You weren't home."

"I'm so sorry, Spence. Please call me next time I'm gone and you have a nightmare," he said grabbing my face in his hands.