the chance encounter

Ok , so what if I woke up with my face smashed on the ground, it's because I had an awful dream. So I hauled myself out of bed and went to my closet, I picked out one of my old shirts and some skinny jeans to go with it, put on some sandals and outdoor.

"Nick come on, I need to solve this case." Groaned Judy. "Whoa whoa cottontail I'm on my day off."
"OK then I guess I need to go then" "later, don't forget to get me some blueberries on your way"
Nick started to walk down the side way passing his old jobs, when he saw a fox to his surprise and the fox is working his old job
"Hey, you must be new to this job" nick said as he walked along side her, when she turned her face he gaped in surprise at how good she looked."ya, and r u must be new to gawking at people " Nick snapped His mouth shut realizing he left it open so long."so u a hustler?" Nick asked. "Um, and I should say that to a complete stranger?" I was feeling a bit defensive because I wasn't use to this type of attention. " well I'm not a complete stranger"
" you're right but I don't trust foxes"
" but your folks too" " yeah well I don't trust myself either" wow Nick thought why was she giving him the cold shoulder.

" okay listen I'm trying to work here and you're cluttering my space so if you would please" she said as she went into the building area to drop off the load of pawsicle sticks. " hey why don't I buy you a drink you look kind of thirsty?" " well..... Okay but only because I've been working ever since 5 in the morning"

So they walk to the nearest cafe and find a nice seat and wait for the waiter. Once they got what they ordered Nick decided to start a conversation "what did u say your name was again?"
"I didn't tell u my name" she said with a smirk. "OK then whats your name?" "Hehe you don't need to know that" she said as gazed into his eyes. Nick was caught in her ever blue eyes, amazed that he found a fox like him, but he knew if he was to continue talking with her late, hr needed her out of that shady business. "Is hustling the only job u can get?"
Raven kept wondering if this fox was trustworthy. "No" she stated.

"Well my names nick, just so u know" "like I needed to know." She said while looking lazily out the window. She put her page under her chin, sighing. As nick observed her he noticed that she had a sad expression in her eyes
"Well I need to get going, thanks for the drink"
"Hold on a sec are u sad?" "What?! N-no I just had a rough day"
Nick noticed that she was a horrible lier. "OK what's really going on?" Nick asked. He noticed her guard went down, she must have something on her mind, he thought as hr stood up.
"Are u going back to work?" "No" she replied as she headed out the door with nick right behind her. "I can walk u home if that's where ur headed.
" .....sure" nick was surprised that she agreed. She the mysterious type, nick to himself as she walked along the sidewalk.
Raven couldn't stop thinking that she would NEVER get attention like thus back at home. She kept sneaking glances at him. When they walked up to her apartment she went in. Nick followed. "You don't have to come in" she stated. But nick wanted to know where she lived, just in case he wanted to see her again. " its ok im can make my way from here " the fox stated. Nick followed anyways. But she didn't protest, so he assumed that it was OK. Then once on the top floor, fifth door she slid in the key and opened the door. "Bye and ...um, thanks for today Nick, I needed it."
" no prob. I thought u looked down " and with that she closed the door.
Raven leaned against the door letting out s sigh of pure bliss. She thought he looked cute. And once in her PJs she curled up in her creaky bed and dozed off, exhausted from today's activities. Her last thought was I hope I see Nick again, and what will tomorrow bring?