Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" She asked and then I nodded without saying a word, no expression on my face as I exhaled.

"Vickrim, you don't have to if-"

"I fucking want to sweetheart now be still, that's the end of it."

"Okay." She said calmly just before I had pulled up and switched my car off. She pulled her gorgeous legs from my lap and then straightened out her dress as I leaned over to grab my shades and grey baseball cap, which was always a reminder of how I constantly had to hide myself in public, a reminder of the freedom I'll never taste again.

She tried ascending from my car as she opened her door but I noticed her happiness and joyful eyes slowly fading away.

I knew why, and I couldn't fucking stand it, so I did what I had to.

"Delilah, come here baby." I spoke and then she turned to see me and she sat herself back down, I pulled my cap from me head and then cupped her jaw with my right hand as I slowly pulled her in for a kiss.

"I'm here, you don't need to fear anything." I spoke and then kissed her again and then she nodded sadly trying to smile through it "I'll always be here, I'll always protect you, I'll always take care of you, okay?" I stared into her eyes and then she spoke "yeah."

"Now smile for me baby girl." I winked and then she smiled her beautiful smile, lifted my cap from hand and pressed it onto my head. She got out of the car and then I followed as she walked into place that held the only person she could call mother.

She had told me about her life and struggles and even though I'm hard at heart, when you care about someone you automatically care about the things they care about too, if this was important to her, it was important to me.

She strolled into the mental institution and I stayed beside her and then she walked straight to the front desk to sign her name in.

I leaned against the counter as I watched her filled in her details, her handwriting was so girly, it was fucking adorable how she dotted her "i's" with hearts like she was in middle school.

"How is she today?" She asked the woman behind the counter and then the woman moved her eyes from me onto her.

"She's okay, we managed to work out the complication concerning her meds, we're monitoring her closely so she's doing good, she's stable." The woman nodded with a smile as she collected the clipboard from my woman's hands.

My eyes narrowed at the female behind the desk even though she couldn't see it behind my shades. "You better have shit handled like you say you do, because if you're not as vigilant as you're suppose to be, then-" I could feel my anger being expressed by words as Delilah gripped my wrist.

"Vick" she paused in realization knowing that using my name in public would probably not be a good idea. "Tor." She ended.

"Victor." She said shooting me a look.

"Sorry, his just slightly cranky today." She smiled apologetically and apologized on my behalf because she knew I would never say sorry for something I don't feel sorry for.

But to be real, I'm just curious and simply expressing the lack of effort coming from the people that should be putting in as much effort as they can, it's their job. The fact that they were completely oblivious to Delilah's mother not taking her pills is fucking ridiculous. That's your fucking job, get it fucking right.

If Delilah wasn't going to say anything, I would, she should know this. I don't give a fuck.

I followed her down the long passage and then she stopped in front of the door I suppose her mother was on the other side of, she slowly walked inside and then I paused in the doorframe until she turned back to reach out her hand in order to guide me inside and then I took it, my thick fingers holding her delicate ones as I strolled in.