Chapter Seven

Delilah's Point Of View

The way Connor smelt had reminded me of a fresh but light summer breeze as he zoomed past me, his hair a total chaotic sun kissed mess, his hoody hung from his body as he clutched a bottle of red wine in his hand whilst making his way up the staircase, stomping until he had reached the top and then gazed down at me before he had spoken.

"Left or right?" He seemed confused not knowing where my bedroom was, he was out of breath as his chest puffed up and then flattened on repeat.

"Connor!" I yelled completely taken away by how he had hastily barged in and shoved me aside in an instant as I answered my front door that he had banged on so recklessly.

"Left or right?" He smirked "or do you want me to guess? I love games." He said as his eyes watched me.

"Left" I sighed and then he quickly rushed into the first room on the left, as if he was a five year old on a sugar high. I followed him up the staircase and then opened my room door to find him lounging on my bed about to open the bottle of red wine he has brought along with him.

"No! Stop!" I held out my hands before he had made his next move.

"What?" He laughed "oh you're right we need glasses." He said as if that was what I was thinking.

"No dumbass!" I smiled "if you're going to open that bottle I suggest you don't do it on my bed, the covers are white!" I said cupping my forehead with my hand.

"Sure thing, princess." He said and then hopped from my bed and walked over to my bookshelf, moving my previous books around so he could make space for his bottle of wine to stand. My eyes watched him as he opened the bottle and then gulped down a huge helping before placing his eyes on me.

"Why the bottle of wine!?" I laughed lightly shaking my head.

"It's makes me sleep better." He shrugged.

"What!?" My eyes grew big. "You don't actually think you're sleeping over right?"

"You won't be saying that after we hop into bed and you feel how awesome my cuddles are, babe you'll practically beg me to stay over." He half smiled and then pointed the bottle at me as if he was offering which I think he was.

I stared at it hesitantly and before I could either reject or accept his offer he had spoken.

"Come on." He said still holding the bottle "I know you drink, sometimes a little to much but don't worry, Mr. Rothschild will make sure that you don't exceed your limit tonight." He smirked while nodding at the bottle he had held.

"Fine, just one sip." I said walking over to him I just couldn't resist and then I necked it and swallows down its sweetness and then handed the bottle back to him. I knew that drinking wasn't such a good idea knowing that I had work tomorrow morning but Connor was right wine does make you sleep better and I'm sure in need of a good nights rest.

I then walked over to my bed and allowed myself to fall flat as he took a seat on the chair that stood near the window, it was my mother's favorite chair, I vaguely remember her watching the sunset in summer as she sat there peacefully but that was when she was still sane.

He rotated the chair to have the back face me as he rested his arms on the top and then he continued to stare at me as I flipped myself on my side to stare back at him while a tiny smile sparkled on my lips and his lips copying my motions.

"What?" I said flipping my hair back as his eyes never left mine. "Do you think I'm pretty?" I laughed and then so did he.

"Yeah, you're beautiful," He shrugged "to bad you're off limits." He said causing confusion to take over my eyes.