Chapter Twelve

Vickrim's Point Of View

She was quiet for the whole duration of the ride home, I was beginning to believe that my brutality was beginning to overwhelm her and that was the last thing I wanted at this point, I didn't want to push her away she was the only sane thing I could hold onto in this lifetime.

Loosing her would be a tragedy, and not the mediocre kind, the Shakespeare kind such as Othello and Romeo and Juliet.

"You okay?" I asked and then quickly shifted my vision to see her. Her eyes following the road as her lips moved.

"I'm fine." She brushed her hair from her face but I wasn't particularly sure if she had been fibbing or not.

"What are you thinking, you seem pretty focused on your thoughts." I spoke pushing for answers.

"Turn left here, the third house on the right." She spoke ignoring my words but I followed hers directions and decided to leave my interrogation for another time. I parked my car behind her father's and then switched off the engine as I exhaled and then cleaned my teeth with my tongue.

"Thanks for bringing me home, I'll see you around." She said and then pulled the door handle but I quickly grabbed her.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I said forcing her to sit back down and look at me. "Did I say or do anything, just tell me what the fuck your problem is, I'm not going to play some dumbass guessing game with you. Be real with me, cause I'm always real with you."

"No you didn't do anything, I just don't want to be at home right now. That's all."

"Why?" My eyes watched her face.

"I had an argument with my dad when I got home after work today and I can assure you that his inside right now and his drunk, his probably waiting for me to come home so he can pick up where he left off." Her eyes sad as they refused to stare into mine like they normally did.

"Don't go home then. You can stay with me."

What the actual fuck was I saying, my thoughts in different places as I started the engine up once more and then her delicate little hand had rested on my thigh.

"No, I need to do this, avoiding it is only going to prolong it and I would rather deal with it now." Her words honest and her voice so nurturing and soft, but I still didn't want her to go. "Thank you for the offer though." She smiled and then lifted her hand from me.

"Yeah, goodnight." My words husky as I nodded scratching the back of my neck and then she lifted herself up and ascended from my car "Goodnight Vickrim." She whispered like a little angel and shut the passenger door as she left, I watched her step around my car and then up the pathway to her home but before she had even gotten to her door and old grumpy man came stumbling out.

"Where the fuck have you been all day?" He yelled at her and then hiccuped as he fell against the door frame.

"Yeah, like you actually care." She said calmly and then turned around to smile at me as she waved goodbye, but what the fuck I wasn't leaving, I wasn't going anywhere, I had to make sure she was safe so I just narrowed my eyes and grimed at her and then she brushed it off and continued to walk towards her home.

"Who's that?" What I was assuming was her father, had asked, lifting himself to stand up straight.

"His just a friend can you go inside now." She stood in one spot waving her hands about and then turned to face me again and this time she seemed slightly heated. "Vickrim, leave please!" She upped her tone, but she wasn't my boss nor was she in charge of my actions,