"No, she's asleep, or well she just woke up," He nodded, raising his eyebrows to greet me, before he apologised and left the room.

I unlocked the laptop again and realised I had fallen asleep in the middle of a movie and it had continued playing and finished. Instead of re-watching it, I just found a different movie on Netflix to watch.

I chose a movie and went on my phone as it started. Since there wasn't really anything new on any of my social medias, I put my phone down and watched the movie.

"Okay, talk to you later. Love you too. Bye," Joe said as he hung up the phone and came back into the room.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hey, sorry for waking you up," Joe apologised, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled.

"My mum was just checking up on us," He shrugged.

"That's sweet. How is she doing?"

"She's great," Joe smiled, leaning down and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"What time are you collecting the kids?" I asked.

"I was thinking I'll head over in a couple of minutes. You fell asleep and slept for a long while, do you want me to get any food on the way back?"

"I'm not too bothered," I shrugged, "Get something for you and the kids though," I suggested.

"Alright," He nodded.

"I just want to get up and do stuff!" I laughed lightly.

"You'll be okay. You can only get up to use the toilet," Joe smiled.

"I know," I groaned dramatically.

Joe gave me a kiss before he left to go pick up the kids from my mum and James' house.

I eventually grew tired of Netflix and just watched a bunch of YouTube videos, some of which included Joe's.

"Mummy!" Noelle squealed as she toddled into our bedroom excitedly.

"Hello 'Elle," I smiled as she crawled onto the bed, "How was Grandma's?"

"Fun!" She squealed, kneeling next to me.

"'Elle, be careful, Mummy needs to rest," Joe said as he came in holding Noah in one arm and a bag of food in the other.

"Mama!" Noah squealed happily.

"Hi baby," I smiled, "You'd have thought they haven't seen me in a fortnight or something," I laughed to Joe.

"They're easily excited," Joe laughed.

Joe sat down and got out the food.

"Mm, yummy," I smiled, giving Noah some of my food.

Noah pulled a face, signalling he didn't like the food, but ate it anyway.

"Aw, good boy," I smiled, running my hand through his thin, blonde hair.

"'Elle, come on and eat a bit," Joe said, holding out his fork with some food on it.

Noelle hesitantly ate it and then laid at the bottom of the bed.

"Are you alright, darling?" I hummed, sitting up a bit.

Noelle yawned and slightly nodded, closing her eyes a bit.

"Hm, probably got worn out while visiting Grandma's house, huh?" Joe smiled.

Joe and I finished eating, holding a small conversation, but focusing on the kids, who both seemed shattered.

"Oh come on, let's get you to bed," Joe said as he finished eating.

He took our leftovers and put them in the refrigerator before coming back through.

"Say 'goodnight,' to Mummy," Joe encouraged the kids.

I gave Noah a small kiss on the forehead and Noelle gave me a small hug and I gave her a kiss on the cheek before Joe took them through to get ready for bed.

"Goodnight," I smiled, as Joe lifted Noah off the bed and carried him away.

Joe returned after a few minutes and I got up to use the toilet and brushing my teeth before returning back to bed.

"How do you feel?" Joe asked.

"Fine," I shrugged, leaning over to give him a small kiss, "Bored."

"I'm sorry, baby," Joe hummed.

"No, it's alright," I smiled.

Joe gently ran his hands on my stomach as I laid down and closed my eyes.

"Do you mind if I edit for a while?" Joe asked.

"No, I don't mind at all," I shook my head.

Joe took his laptop and opened it to start editing. I watched him for a short bit as I drifted in and out of sleep.

*

a/n: hi, thank you so so much for reading! I really hope you all enjoy reading it. Love you all loads and thank you again! X.