Chapter One

The case had been a tricky one, three dead bodies and no sign of a killer. It seemed as though the people had just dropped dead, not of natural causes and not of abnormal ones. Sherlock was convinced it had to have been some kind of poison that was largely undetectable but he still had no clues as to who had committed the murders. Scotland Yard, at the other end of the spectrum, didn't think theses deaths were connected at all because they couldn't find anything, but Sherlock stated that this was the very reason that they were connected. As a result of this seemingly impossible case, Sherlock had been in his mind palace for over three days.
    "Sherlock, come on, you need to drink something," said John, kneeling in front of Sherlock holding a tray with a tall glass of water, a pot of tea and toast on it.
    "No John, you know how it slows me down," mumbled Sherlock, somewhat incoherently, his eyes glassy when he opened them.
    "Sherlock please, you are wasting away." John was begging him, staring up with his large blue eyes and the circles under them were darker then usual. A thick air of worry hung all around him, he needed Sherlock to be okay, he never stayed in his mind palace for more than two days.
    "Go John," Sherlock waved him away, expression still preoccupied.
    "Sherlock you are dehydrated and you have lost weight, it is very important that you eat something or else you might wind up in hospital."
    Sherlock came out of his stupor slightly, "Your concern is flattering but I am fine, now go, I need to think." And just like that, he was gone again, eyes shut and the world locked out.
    "Fine, but don't expect me to visit you when you're in a hospital bed," said John, placing the tray beside Sherlock's chair, and taking away the other one that had cold tea and stale toast sitting on it untouched.
    Sherlock smiled to himself, imperceptibly. Of course John would visit him, if he was this worried now, Sherlock could only imagine how worried he would be when he was strapped to an IV.

~Hey guys, I know this was a short chapter but there's a lot more coming, bear with me. Also I would like to say thank you to JennaEversum for being the first to vote on my last story 'Human Emotions', if you haven't read it yet, check it out. I don't particularly like Author's Notes so this will be the only one until the end unless there's something important I've added in other chapters! Thanks for making it this far, happy reading!~