Chapter 14

She hated him. She hated him. She hated him! She couldn't take it! Not another moment of him torturing him! She was filled with pent up frustration and each night it was the same. He would tease her, play with her body and then once she was close to explosion he would stop and smirk at her with the same arrogant glint in his eyes.

She wanted to push him over board! She wanted him to drown and then be eaten by a shark! She had cooked dinner as told for three days straight and all the men had eaten her food with pleasant surprise and asked for more.

Viktor had been surprised that she could cook so well, a hidden talent that he would have never assumed she possessed. He enjoyed teasing her. He knew how frustrated she was. But still he continued on with his games. He rather liked her this way. She was so volatile and easily irritated. He had never been quite so amused.

Today was to be their last day on the ship as they were nearing their destination in record time.

Angel was standing beside him, silently fuming, and her arms across her chest. He smiled at her obvious pouting.

He had enjoyed the last few days but he knew the moment they stepped off the ship his demeanor would completely change. On the ship he was just a man but off of it, he was a prince and royalty must act a certain way. Talk a certain way.

He knew that he would not be able to touch her freely without someone reprimanding him for lack of proper etiquette. He reached for her, grabbing her by the elbow and pulling her toward him. She looked over at him, her eyes narrowed. "Don't touch me." She snapped irritably.

He grinned but yanked her up against him nonetheless. Lately she had been much more sensitive to the touch, easy to arouse and quick to hit him but still he found he was beginning to like her. He cupped the back of her head, his fingers in her hair and wrapped an arm around her waist.

She struggled but only a moment. Once his lips met hers she melted against him, turning soft and mushy. He held her close, squeezing her in his strong arms, evoking a gasp from her lips.

He rubbed her back in a gentle caress, his tongue did wonderful things to her mouth. She clung to him as if she were afraid to let go. He pecked her one last time before patting her on the bottom, "I see you are not as angry as you act."

That was the last straw. She slapped him straight across the face, catching him completely off guard. He winced, cursing in Russian underneath his breath.

"Damn it, Angel!" He seethed as he cupped his cheek in his hand.

She was livid, "Serves you right, you stupid ass hole!" She stomped away, pushing past men who had seen the events play out.

Viktor frowned up before licking his lips. The woman had a temper unlike any woman he had ever encountered. No woman had ever dared to hit him before.

"You should not tease her so much," Gavriil grumbled as he came to stand next to Viktor at the railing. Viktor shrugged, a smirk sliding across his lips.

"She will be fine. A little teasing is less than she deserves and you know it. Any other man would have done something much more drastic to her."

Gavriil chuckled. "I've grown quite fond of the girl."

Viktor smiled at that. Not many people could sway the giant of man but Angel had managed to. He looked out into the distance and clenched his jaw. He could see the harbor now.

"Gavriil." Viktor said.

"Yes?"

"Stay with her."

Gavriil rubbed the stubble growing on his jaw. "Are you assigning me to guard her?"

"I don't trust anyone else to do it."