Chapter 13

Angel jumped up, her chest heaving. She had had an awful dream. Viktor had taken her back to London and had taken Lafayette back with him. The dream left her shaken and she couldn't quite fathom why it hurt so much to think the man was in love with her sister. It shouldn't matter to her, her mind should have been focused on getting back home but the image was stuck in her head...

"You are awake?" Viktor's deep voice asked over her shoulder.

She shrieked in surprise before turning around to find Viktor beside her, leaning toward her. Her eyes widened when she realized that he was no longer handcuffed. She scooted back, knocking into the wall. Her heart was pounding in her ears. She ran a shaky hand through her hair and then froze as she noticed that her arm was bare. She looked down at herself and her jaw dropped. She was naked. Did he intend to beat her naked?

Her head snapped up and she narrowed her eyes at Viktor. Why was she acting like a little girl who had been caught stealing cookies? She was a woman for God's sake! She raised her chin, her eyes gleaming.

"If you dare to raise your hand at me, I swear I'll kill you. We may be married but there's no way in hell I'm going to let you beat me!" She snapped.

He raised a brow in confusion before realizing what she meant. She thought he was going to punish her but little did she know he enjoyed the softness of her skin too much to even want to blemish it.

He smirked, shaking his head, "You do not think very highly of me, Angel."

"Shall we go over your record? You've kidnapped me, handcuffed me, fed me slop, and did I mention how sarcastic you are?"

He tilted his head in thought. "You have made a good point but I have no intention of ever beating you, Angel. I'd much rather bring you to the brink of frustration."

Her brows furrowed at his words, she couldn't quite understand what he meant. Before she could say anymore he grabbed her by the arm and yanked her toward him. She landed against him with a gasp. His lips met hers and all interest in what he meant evaporated. She leaned into him, turning soft and submissive to his touch.

He ran his hands down the length of her, arousing her. He nibbled along her bottom lip, evoking a sigh from her. His hands trailed down, down, reaching her womanhood. He pulled her legs open before exploring her. He ran a finger over her hardened pearl, making her gasp. And then he slipped a finger inside her and then another. Her hips bucked and she moaned. He moved his fingers inside her a long while, his kisses never faltered, until she began to tightened around his fingers. Her breathing hitched and just as she felt a familiar pleasurable tingle bursting forward he pulled his fingers out and stopped kissing her.

She was so shocked she wanted to scream. Her body was trembling with the need to orgasm and she been so close. For the first time in her life she wanted to kill someone. Frustration settled inside her bones as she locked eyes with Viktor. He licked his fingers dry and smirked at her.

She couldn't stop herself, she slapped him. The palm of her hand barely grazed his cheek as he had seen it coming and moved back. She gasped at her own actions, surprised at herself.

He looked down at her before chuckling. When he had first met her he couldn't stand the woman but now she was nothing short of amusing. She looked more upset about hitting him than he did and he was the one who had been slapped.

She glared at him. She didn't find this situation funny at all. She was turning into an animal around this man!

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her from the bed. "Get dressed."

She stayed silent and watched him pull his clothing on for a while before complying. She slid her slip on and then her dress, choosing to leave the other layers out. Struggling with them was the last thing she wanted to do.