Chapter 25

Still in shock over what had just occured, I vaguely heard Sam tell me to come to his house where there will be a pack meeting. Before leaving though, he made sure to set fire to the body with a match he keeps with him when hunting vampires. As thoughts swirled in my head, I felt myself moving back towards Sam's, but don't remember giving my feet the command to do so.

Did that really just happen? Is Margaret really dead?

A part of me felt extremely relieved that I wouldn't have to deal with her anymore, but another part - a small part, a very small, okay, a very tiny part - felt a bit of sorrow. Because deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep down inside, I know, somewhere, my old best friend is there. It couldn't all have been an act right?

'Isabella, she killed your family.' said a voice softly. Leo. Before he left my house the other day, he had told me more about him being my Guardian Angel. He had informed me that he could speak to me through my mind when needed and could also read my thoughts, no matter my shield. Not only that, but he can appear with me when I feel he is needed to be summoned.

You're right, Leo. I can't let the death of a murder make me feel guilty. But I just can't help it. I fear that I made a mistake and was blinded by the thirst of vengeance. I know she acted extremely out of line, but does anyone really deserve to die? Eventually, down the line, could she have seen the error of her ways? To stop her selfish ways and exist in a better life? I feel as if I could have done more than just kill her. I could have tried to help her. Teach her the better ways of life. Leo, have I made a mistake?

It was silent for a moment, I'm assuming as he contemplates how to tell me how stupid sound for wanting to forgive and feel remorse for a murder.

'You're not stupid, Isabella, in fact your thoughts show wisdom. A wisdom I could only wish and dream to capture. And you're right no one deserves to die, but has it occurred to you of what would happen if she didn't change? You're speaking in the terms of if, but you sometimes have to think, was the world better off without her? I know it sounds a bit out there. But keep in mind, you might have just saved more lives than you killed. Who knows how far she would have gone to kill? Besides what's done is done. If you still believe what you have spoken, simply forgive. Forgive yourself and ask for forgiveness. You can't change the past. Unless there's a vampire for that too.' his voice rung through my head and as I listened to his words I was grateful for his attempt to lighten the mood and through a joke in there to get off this heavy subject.

Deciding to go along with it, I respond light heartily with, About asking for forgiveness, who exactly would I ask? I've been meaning to ask if God exists, care to let the cat out of the bag? I've been wondering for about a hundred years already.

I heard his chuckle as he debated with himself to tell me. 'I think you should find out on your own, Isabella. Not my secret to tell.'

Oh yeah, I forgot. You're Leo, the Guardian Angel, your secrets have secrets. My bad for asking, Mr. Mysterious. I heard him laugh and it brought a smile to my face to know I had the power to make someone happy.

Suddenly, I found myself outside of Sam's home. I guess I has been walking while talking to Leo. Feeling a sense of deja vu, I knocked on the door hesitantly afraid of what Sam wanted to say. I waited patiently until I heard footsteps and a moment later, Jacob opened the door. I walked inside without so much as a greeting, manners not really an important thought to me right now. Jacob and I walked in silence to Sam's living room only to see the whole pack standing around. Apparently the death of Margaret was the new subject around the boys- and Leah.

"Bella," At the sound of Sam's voice, all talking stopped between the pack and the in the next moment I found the whole pack staring me. Sam walked towards me from where he was standing on the other side of the room and I was happy to see a smile perched on his face. "Thank you for assisting us today. I'm sure the whole pack as well as I am grateful for the help. Though I can't say I'm delighted about you breaking your promise of not coming on the reservation-"

"Sam." Seth interrupted from the couch, "She killed your enemy. Cut the girl some slack. Besides, Bella isn't a threat towards the reservation or the pack, you know that." I was slightly shocked Seth had the guts to stand up to the alpha. But I was even more surprised when Sam sighed and let the subject go.

"What did you come down here for in the first place? Is there something you needed?" asked Sam.

"Actually there is." I began. Now that the moment was here to ask Sam I grew a bit nervous, especially under all the eyes of the pack. Is my request too ridiculous?

'Isabella stop stalling and ask.' I heard Leo say.

Sam made a motion for me to continue. I gulped and continued my request. "I was wondering if you and the pack would mind helping me get Edward back." I paused out of hesitance, but continued. "The Volturi threatened me with his life to stay away from him, but the pain is becoming unbearable. Margaret- the women in the forest- brought the idea to the Volturi and they agreed, seeing as they thought their coven was already too powerful without another gifted vampire. I don't really have a plan for this, but I was hoping with your help we could think of something." It was silent for a moment and Sam sighed. "Please." I pleaded.

The pack all exchanged meaningful glances with each other before Sam turned to me. I prepared for his rejection, but was surprised, however, when his next words came. "We'll help you, Bella."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Andddd Chapter 25 is done! *does victory dance*

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for your patience. I also want to thank you for 20k reads, and for all your words of encouragement! I love you all so much ❤

Please Vote and Comment!