Chapter 17

I walked in my house at 4 in the morning only to see Edward pacing in my living room. He looks frantic.

"Are you alright, Edward?" I asked sighing.

He then notices me and next thing I knew I was being embraced in his strong arms.

"Are you alright, love? What did they say? Did they hurt you?" He asks in one breath.

"Edward, calm down. I'm fine." I said not meeting his eyes because to be honest I was lying. I'm not fine. And they did hurt me, emotionally. I need to be with Edward. I love him too much.

"What did they want with you?"

"Umm well they wanted me to join the Volturi. They believe my gift could benefit them." I say. It was partly true. I kust left out the fact that they want me to break up with my soul mate.

"That's it?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Edward, tomorrow I need to speak with you privately. Come back here at noon. No later, no sooner." I demanded.

"Why? Just tell me now."

"Tomorrow. Now can you leave me in peace. It's been a long day." I said roboticlly.

"Okay." He said suspiciously.

He turned toward the door and when he was about to leave, something dawned on me.

This will be the last time I will see Edward as my mate.

I quickly grabbed his arm.

"Edward." He turns around.

Immediately, I smash my lips to his. It was more passionate than any other kiss we had ever had. Our lips moving in sync. I felt his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him and I tangled my fingers in his hair.

I pulled back.

"I love you, Edward."

He looked at me concerned probably by the sudden urgency.

"As I love you." He said then walked out the door.

I sighed again.

》》》》》》》》》》》》

That night, I lay on my bed thinking all night about what I would say to him, but now that the moment was finally there it seemed I have forgotten everything.

It's 11:53. Edward would be coming soon.

I took unnecessary breaths as I waited.

You have to do this. For him. He most definetly deserves. I can't be selfish at a time like this.

I'm doing this because I love him.

I heard a knock on the door and hesitantly opened it putting on a cold expression, glad he can't read my mind. There he stood, suddenly everything I planned to say to him came flooding back in my mind.

I have to do this for him.

"Edward we need to talk." I say with no emotion.

"What's wrong?"

I took deep breath, looked right in to his eyes and something that made my heart shatter in to a million pieces.

"I don't love you anymore."

He froze and his eyes went hard instead of the golden pools I loved.

"I'm sorry, but it's true. I did love you. I loved you when I vowed that I would forever love you, but I can't say the same now. I guess I still love you... in a way. But not like before."

He said nothing so I continued.

"I'm going to leave to make thsi easier on both of us. Tell your family I'll miss them. Because I will. And I'll miss you too." I said.

He still nothing. He wont even look at me and I feel myself falling apart.

We're almost done.

"But promise me something, if it's not too much to ask."

"Anything." He whispered.

"Don't do anything reckless. For your family's sake, of course. And in return I promise it will be as if I never exsisted. This will be the last time you will ever see me. Goodbye Edward." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek and shutting my door.

As soon as the door was closed I felt my body go limp and I fell to the floor. I felt hollow. Like an empty shell. I feel as though my heart was no longer in me and as I heard Edward's footsteps leave my house, it felt like he had taken my heart with him. Then the pain started.

It was unbelievable. I sat against the door for what felt like days and thought about what I had just done. I had saved his life by taking the meaning from my own. I don't regret it, but I can't help feeling that a vacuum had just sucked up everything and was now turning to a blade and stabbing me repeatedly. The pain was excruciating. Yet, all I could do was try and fail to endure it.

How could I learn to live with this?

Even though I asked the question I knew I had too. I would do anything for him even if it meant ending my own existence.

I took shakey, unnecessary breaths and tried to stand. However, once I had fully gotten up, my knees went wobbly and I, yet again fell to the floor.

I felt my chest starting to stab everytime I took a breath and I scratched at my stone cold skin over my heart. Without giving my actions a thought I let out scream. And immediately felt the tears on the verge of spilling over.

Let me cry, just this once? Please at least do that for me!

I hated the Volturi. Despised them. Loathed them.

I couldn't find a satisfying word to describe how I felt towards them 'hate', 'despise', and 'loathe' weren't strong enough words.

It was then something clicked inside of me. I moved all my pain over Edward to the side. Letting the anger course through my vains and without thinking let a sound that was between a snarl and a growl escape my lips. I suddenly felt nothing. I felt numb and I stood up, emotionlessly. I could still feel like I was an empty shell, but I pushed past it, determined to not let my walls that I felt I had built within me break.

I felt nothing.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hello! Thank you so much for 1.13k reads. I really appreciate it!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Please Vote and Comment! ; )