Leo - Vixx

"Congratulations, you have been accepted into Jellyfish Entertainment." Those words made me the happiest I've been in a long time.

***

It's been about a month now since I became a trainee at Jellyfish Entertainment and it's all been such an experience. I train hard every day in all areas. My main focus was being a vocalist but I wanted to be fluid in everything. Dancing, singing, playing instruments, and even a little bit of rapping.

I became friends with the only other trainee and met a couple of my Sunbaes. They've offered me words of encouragement and their support. And although I appreciate it all, I prefer sticking to myself so I can concentrate on my training.

"-(insert some of Leo's lyrics from Beautiful Liar.)" For the past week I've been staying after everyone else leaves so I can practice in the rehearsal room. Today I happened to be in a VIXX mood, and recently Leo and Ravi made their debut as LR. Beautiful Liar is a beautiful song and I find myself singing it almost every night.

"You're really good." I was interrupted from my singing by a familiar voice. I snapped my head towards the door and saw a person I admire greatly leaning against the door.

"선배! 아-안녕하세요." I immediately stood up from the stool and did a 90° bow towards him. "I didn't know you were still here..."

"I noticed someone had been staying here late and I was curious to see who it was . . . Truthfully, I've been watching you every night." I blushed at his confession and he seemed slightly embarrassed. "Sorry, that sounded really wrong." He looked cute, all shy and not knowing what to do.

"Thank you. Your comment means a lot to me, 선배." In respect I bow again and smile wholeheartedly.

"You're welcome, Y/N." He walked towards me and sat down on the piano bench by my side.

"I didn't think you'd know my name, honestly." Leo looks like the type of guy that's reserved and avoids other but I felt comfortable with him. Whenever I thought about meeting him, I thought I'd feel intimidated due to his status and looks. That wasn't the case.

"Everyone knows your name, you're a big topic lately." His long fingers skimmed over the piano keys, quietly playing the melody to Beautiful Liar.

"Is that a good thing or-?" I didn't know about this

"In your case, it's a great thing. You just became a trainee and you're already one of the most anticipated debuts of the year-"

"You think I'll get to debut this year?" I felt a little shy that I interrupted him but I felt overwhelmed at the fact that people were already wanting my debut.

"I know you will. You're extremely talented and well, you're very pretty." He chuckled quietly as I blushed and turned into a bright tomato. I wasn't used to receiving compliments from others besides my parents.

"Thank you for believing in me, 선배." I smiled warmly at him, feeling extremely at ease with him.

"Please, call me 택운 (TaekWoon)."

And that's how our friendship started. He would stay up with me late almost every night helping me improve and mature my sound. Sometimes we would just hang out and get to know more about each other. He became my best friend and I became his.

*4 Months Later*

"How are you feeling?" TaekWoon was the only one with me in my dressing room. I was pacing from side to side, trying to even out my breathing. I was a bundle of nerves.

"Is this how you felt when you debuted?" I finally plopped down beside him on the couch, throwing my arms over my eyes and groaning.

"Yes." He answered so seriously but immediately began laughing when I quickly faced him with a look that said, 'You're not helping!' "You'll be fine, Y/N. You've practiced so much that even I know the lyrics and choreography . . . well not that there's much choreo since it's a ballad but still." He grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me to his side, he was trying to calm me down.

"I'm afraid I'm going to choke up on stage and be a complete disaster." I could feel tears start to well up in my eyes, so I faced the ceiling in hopes that they wouldn't fall.

"Y/N. You are amazing, you've beat everyone at JE for debut time. That means that you are ready to do it all. You've gotten yourself this far and you're gonna do great." He twisted his body and mine so we were face to face, staring into each other's eyes. I didn't agree, it wasn't all me. It was him too.

"It wasn't all me. I have you to immensely thank as well. You put so much of your time into helping me that you'd go to schedules without sleep. I hated myself on those days for being so selfish and keeping you to myself. No matter what, you never left me. Thank you. Thank you so much, it's because of you that I'm here today." I wrapped my arms around his waist, placed my head against his chest, and hugged him tightly.

"Y/N, you're on in 5!" I tensed up at those words, and he just hugged me tighter.

"You're going to do great, Y/N." He kissed my head and pulled me up with him. "It's time."

My stomach was in knots, I felt like I couldn't speak . . . how was I going to sing?

"Everyone please show your support for, Y/N!" Some of the crowd cheered, some whistled, some applauded. I was immediately enveloped in a warm, positive vibe. I could do this~

***

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" I had just finished my performance and I was beaming with happiness, tears were falling and people were chanting my name.

"Y/N! That was beautiful, would you like to say anything?" The MC approached me and gently patted my shoulder in congrats.

"I feel eternally grateful to Jellyfish Entertainment for allowing me to pursue my dreams. I'm thankful to all the artists' there that have offered me their time and support. But, to be honest, there is one person that really deserves my thank you, TaekWoon 선배." I look to my back knowing he'd be there and smile wholeheartedly and do a proper bow in his direction.

"Thank you." I look back at the audience and bow to them as well.

Just as I was about to turn back and leave the stage the MC grabs onto my wrist and faces me.

"Now, before you leave we have one more surprise for you . . ." In that moment canons blast and confetti is flying everywhere and then out come 6 flying monkeys . . . I mean VIXX hehee.

"Congratulations, Y/N!" They wrapped their arms around me making me the center of an extremely tight hug.

"Thanks you guys!" After I was released from their trap they all stepped back and one person stepped forward with a beautiful bouquet of roses.

"오빠~" He wrapped his arms around me, covering us with the beautiful deep, red roses, and held me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/N." He whispered into my ear.

At that moment so many screams were heard, a couple of boo's but, I didn't mind. This man was slowly becoming more than my best friend and I appreciated these moments.