23

Toby lays in her bed next to her. She's cuddled up to his side sleeping.

He looks down at her, a smile crossing his face as he looks at the girl whom he adores.

She turns over on to her stomach and her arm lays on his stomach.

Toby slides down next to her, taking her in his arms and holding her close. Her breathing is long and relaxed and she makes small little snores every once in a while.

Toby shuts his eyes, not intending to fall asleep but only to relax, but soon enough he too is asleep.  

///////////////////

She feels arms wrapped around her and another person next to her. She crinkles her nose before stifling a yawn.

The person's warmth spreads all over her but she's really hot already so it becomes overwhelming.

She opens her eyes and sees Toby sleeping next to her, his arms wrapped around her in a protecting manner.

"Toby," she whispers in hopes of waking the boy up. No luck.

"Toby," she says a little bit louder.

"What?" Toby mumbles, rolling on to his back and bringing her with him. She rests on top of him, curled in a little ball.

"We should get up," she says as Toby brings his hand up and brushes her hair with his fingers.

She shuts her eyes against his touch.

"I don't wanna get up," Toby murmurs.

"You have no choice," she says, and she turns in his arms and begins tickling his sides.

He lets out a loud laugh, trying to push her hands away. She moves her hands away, letting him relax before she continues tickling him.

"Alright! I'll get up!" Toby exclaims between laughs. She sends him a sweet smile.

"Yay!" she says, hopping off the bed and holding her hand out for him.

He grabs it, stands up next to her, and follows her out the door. They walk downstairs, talking quietly.

"What time is it?" Toby asks.

"I don't know, it feels late," she says.

"Yeah," Toby replies.

She walks into the kitchen, looking at the clock on the oven.

"12:35," she says.

"Damn," Toby says, throwing an arm over her shoulder. "I guess I'll be staying the night."

"I guess so."

"And who the hell is this?" A new voice interrupts their conversation. She spins around to find her mother, leaning in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Mom?" she asks, wondering why and how her mother is home, because she barely ever is.

"Who is this boy who is in my house without my permission?" Her mother asks.

"I'm Toby," Toby says, walking forward and extending a hand.